View Single Post
livid star's Avatar livid star
01-08-2016, 09:42 AM

I went to both SF nights and found the performances equally enjoyable. Second night seemed shorter. Was it? Vocals were a touch more enthusiastic on the second night. They took a longer intermission and Danny still did his solo, just an abridged version. Visuals are excellent, glad I was in balcony both nights. I really love the lighted heptagram rig. Having missed the Lateralus tour, I'm thrilled to have heard The Grudge and Parabol/a. And of course, the fact that Tool played Sweat was unique as I've never heard it live in my near 19 year history of Tool shows. I think they better rehearse it more for the next show, though. The new jam didn't do it for me on the youtube clips I've heard, however, hearing it live makes it pique my interest more. Can't wait to see how they develop it on this ever elusive new album.
I love seeing them live and will continue to do so as long as I am able. Until next time, America!!!
Old 01-08-2016, 09:42 AM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: REVIEW - Jan 7th SF

I went to both SF nights and found the performances equally enjoyable. Second night seemed shorter. Was it? Vocals were a touch more enthusiastic on the second night. They took a longer intermission and Danny still did his solo, just an abridged version. Visuals are excellent, glad I was in balcony both nights. I really love the lighted heptagram rig. Having missed the Lateralus tour, I'm thrilled to have heard The Grudge and Parabol/a. And of course, the fact that Tool played Sweat was unique as I've never heard it live in my near 19 year history of Tool shows. I think they better rehearse it more for the next show, though. The new jam didn't do it for me on the youtube clips I've heard, however, hearing it live makes it pique my interest more. Can't wait to see how they develop it on this ever elusive new album.
I love seeing them live and will continue to do so as long as I am able. Until next time, America!!!