View Single Post
drotski
07-15-2007, 08:28 PM

Wow, what an amazing show. This was the third Tool show I've been to, and the first in 5 years. Tool has always been my favorite band, Opiate being the album that got me hooked...the last time I saw them, I was a little disappointed. They didn't seem like they were all there. This time, they seemed like they were truly BACK. I just wish I could of heard what Maynard was saying between songs a little better, he seemed really talkative. I noticed at this show, which I didn't pay attention to prior, how Maynard truly tries to stay out of the spotlight. This may explain why he didn't attend a meet and greet I had won with A Perfect Circle 6 or 7 years ago. I held a grudge for a short time, but have come to admire how Maynard, along with Tool, try to keep it about the Music and their art.

I loved how Maynard toilet papered the drummer from Big Business. I hope that guy does well, he is a great drummer, even if he is in a lousy band. I also liked the break they took, when they sat on stage and talked for a few minutes.

Any idea why there were plants on the sides of the stage? That was weird.

The visuals were amazing. I especially liked the aerial view of Danny durring Lateralus, in a kaleidoscope sort of view.

I loved the group hug they had at the end...it seemed genuine, like they were truly close, and loved what they do.

I hope it won't be so long before I see Tool again, and I hope they don't take such a long break next time.

Also, please do not comment on their mistakes...look at it as a novelty, and a unique experience to be their durring their human-like mistakes. This sort of thing is hard to do PERFECTLY every time. It is also draining to be doing this every night. Give them a break, they put on a killer show.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:28 PM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/13 - Portland, ME - Cumberland Civic Center

Wow, what an amazing show. This was the third Tool show I've been to, and the first in 5 years. Tool has always been my favorite band, Opiate being the album that got me hooked...the last time I saw them, I was a little disappointed. They didn't seem like they were all there. This time, they seemed like they were truly BACK. I just wish I could of heard what Maynard was saying between songs a little better, he seemed really talkative. I noticed at this show, which I didn't pay attention to prior, how Maynard truly tries to stay out of the spotlight. This may explain why he didn't attend a meet and greet I had won with A Perfect Circle 6 or 7 years ago. I held a grudge for a short time, but have come to admire how Maynard, along with Tool, try to keep it about the Music and their art.

I loved how Maynard toilet papered the drummer from Big Business. I hope that guy does well, he is a great drummer, even if he is in a lousy band. I also liked the break they took, when they sat on stage and talked for a few minutes.

Any idea why there were plants on the sides of the stage? That was weird.

The visuals were amazing. I especially liked the aerial view of Danny durring Lateralus, in a kaleidoscope sort of view.

I loved the group hug they had at the end...it seemed genuine, like they were truly close, and loved what they do.

I hope it won't be so long before I see Tool again, and I hope they don't take such a long break next time.

Also, please do not comment on their mistakes...look at it as a novelty, and a unique experience to be their durring their human-like mistakes. This sort of thing is hard to do PERFECTLY every time. It is also draining to be doing this every night. Give them a break, they put on a killer show.
OFFLINE |