View Single Post
valhalla
07-14-2007, 09:56 AM

Ok, for all you long time Tool fans reading this, and I am one, he's my review of last nights show. I paid over $50 to see a two hour show that was mostly phoned in. Danny and Justin always impress but of all the times I've seen Tool play, even these guys seems tired or bored. And how could they not be? They've been on tour for almost a year and a half (I'd be tired too) with pretty much the same set list (I'd be bored too). I've been around a lot longer that some of you newbies and I've seen a lot of shows by a lot of bands. There was nothing great about this show. As others mentioned earlier there were a couple of screw ups but when Adam screws up the simple intro to Lateralus, I mean c'mon. He plays that same song EVERY NIGHT!! He has no reason to screw it up. The crowd wasn't much better. The idiots on the floor moshing to EVERYTHINg were a joke. Moshing to WFM?!?!?!?! WTF?!?!? Maybe this shit is why the band now appears to be totally apathetic. Anyway, I read a lot of reviews about how awsome/great/fantastic the light show is. Have you people even seen lasers at a concert before?!?! Obviously not. ZZ top back in the 80's had a better laser show here in Portland. Look, I don't mean to put the band down. They've been around for about 16 years. They're earned everything they're now reaping. Good for them. Really. But they should not expect a lot of us orginal fans to hang around listen to sub par albums (10k days) or to pay $50+ dollars to see a lazy/sloppy/routine concert. But, like I said earlier, newbies will LOVE all this stuff because there is not a lot of competition out there right now. The bar is now set very, very low in the music world. Tool is captializing on this lack of competition and being handsomely rewarded by their mediocrity. This is all my opinion.

Last edited by valhalla; 07-14-2007 at 09:58 AM..
Old 07-14-2007, 09:56 AM   #7
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/13 - Portland, ME - Cumberland Civic Center

Ok, for all you long time Tool fans reading this, and I am one, he's my review of last nights show. I paid over $50 to see a two hour show that was mostly phoned in. Danny and Justin always impress but of all the times I've seen Tool play, even these guys seems tired or bored. And how could they not be? They've been on tour for almost a year and a half (I'd be tired too) with pretty much the same set list (I'd be bored too). I've been around a lot longer that some of you newbies and I've seen a lot of shows by a lot of bands. There was nothing great about this show. As others mentioned earlier there were a couple of screw ups but when Adam screws up the simple intro to Lateralus, I mean c'mon. He plays that same song EVERY NIGHT!! He has no reason to screw it up. The crowd wasn't much better. The idiots on the floor moshing to EVERYTHINg were a joke. Moshing to WFM?!?!?!?! WTF?!?!? Maybe this shit is why the band now appears to be totally apathetic. Anyway, I read a lot of reviews about how awsome/great/fantastic the light show is. Have you people even seen lasers at a concert before?!?! Obviously not. ZZ top back in the 80's had a better laser show here in Portland. Look, I don't mean to put the band down. They've been around for about 16 years. They're earned everything they're now reaping. Good for them. Really. But they should not expect a lot of us orginal fans to hang around listen to sub par albums (10k days) or to pay $50+ dollars to see a lazy/sloppy/routine concert. But, like I said earlier, newbies will LOVE all this stuff because there is not a lot of competition out there right now. The bar is now set very, very low in the music world. Tool is captializing on this lack of competition and being handsomely rewarded by their mediocrity. This is all my opinion.

Last edited by valhalla; 07-14-2007 at 09:58 AM..
OFFLINE |