View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 11:31 AM   #54
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/03 - Oakland, CA - Oakland Arena

Quote:
yeah, i hated the pit. but i moved over to the fence and i loved where i was, i got to chill on the fence and we had room to chill. the only thing i didn't like was that the screens were so damn low. i have NEVER been to any show where the visuals were even close to that low. it's like they decided that the people in the seats got the good show, and then told people on the floor to fuck off.
I personally think it's a wonderful trade off that seems to have never been thought of before: reward people no matter where they sit. Sure close seats are great. You get to see the band, what they're doing, expressions, etc. Only so many people get those tickets and with most shows, its almost not worth going sitting in the the 2nd balcony. But wait! Let's project onto the stage and give the people looking down more of a show. You can still see what's going on on the videos from the floor. It's the same images! What you can't see fromup high is the band that well, so I see it as a cool trade off and them considering everyone, not just the people who managed to get good seats.

This show was great. 4th time seeing this set and somehow these last 2 shows (Oakland and Marysville) felt much better than the previous 2. (Paramount was special in its own way, but this set and show has grown tremendously in many ways since then.)

I started in the middle center, sorta worked my way down as I was booted from sections that weren't my seats. Somehow we managed to upgrade with each ejection, finally leaving us at the railing directly stage right, roughly 20-25 yards from Adam. It was fucking ridiculous. The last 3 or 4 songs had me out of my body. There was this chick behind me and we just had this like spiritual dance/battle back and forth. Completely vibing off of eachother, but not in a sexual way. We were just expressing through movement and feeling the music together and I haven't really experienced that before with a stranger. By the time Lateralus was closing, I was just beyond earth, exploding throught the ceiling. The energy in there was amazing. The crowd cheered for what felt like an hour at the end. It would die down a little and erupt again. So much love in that room. What a way to end the 2k6 shows for me.

Last edited by honky; 09-05-2006 at 11:49 AM..
OFFLINE |