View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 01:09 AM   #47
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 271
Re: 2006/09/03 - Oakland, CA - Oakland Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgaine View Post
Come on, don't be so absolute. I was in the pit, and LOVED LOVED LOVED the show. Worth EVERY penny (and no, I wasn't scalped... would have STILL been worth it if I was). While the lasers and stage were surely cool, I was a few feet from the men that make the music that has brought so much to my life. TO ME nothing can ever top that!! Yeah, there were lots of sweaty people, but as long as I had that view, I could care less. Also, I'm not a dude, so don't have to worry about being embarrassed or pissed off by Maynard's man-on-man comments like so many guys seem to be. I heard plenty of "FUCK YOU," and the like, being yelled back at him from the homophobes in the pit after he said that. I do have to worry about dry-humping assholes "dancing" behind me inappropriately, but the right jabbing and/or stepping on toes fixes that problem. Anyhow, because I was so close, with no one in my way, this show was more enjoyable than the minitour show. I never thought I'd say that, as the mini show was phenomenal!

What I like is it sounds like Tool is making an effort to let everyone get cool visuals from the show, like Blair's post said. If you're in the pit, you get the band directly in front of you... Maynard's bizarre writhing (which was kind of hot), Justin's hair flying, Danny's insane feet and limbs everywhere (really hot) and Adam, um, Adam-ing. If you're up higher, you get all the visuals you described. Win win, right? There's always going to be the whiney bitches moaning about something, like the setlist, or sound, or blaaahhhhhhhh. With 30,000 people each night, you can't please 'em all, but it sounds like this stage set up is trying to?
True that. I was shoved the front at street scene and I was so close to Justin that I could see the veins in his hands popping. After the show I immediately checked off "be front row at Tool" from my list. You have solid points, I guess it is a win-win in general. But in IMHO I would rather be in a seat. I guess it all comes down to prefernce. But I hope it makes people at upcoming shows feel better about their so called "shitty" seats.

=) rock on

P.S. check out my link to a pic I took, should help alleviate any questions you had about the stage!
OFFLINE |