View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 01:18 PM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/01 - Las Vegas, NV - Theater Under the Stars

This is the best live band I have ever seen. The quality of the product is unparalleled in today's music market. I would rather listen to Tool perform only their "radio hits", acoustically, at an outdoors company picnic in the middle of August in Phoenix wearing a wetsuit and a goose down parka, than see almost any other concert I have attended in the last twenty years. Enjoy it while you can...

When Maynard came out, he looked off into the distance behind the stage and said, "Oh look, a Starbucks." It was sarcastic and hilarious. Classic Maynard.

Seeing how this show evolved from the mini-tour was very cool. I can't wait to see them back-to-back at Staples next week.

As far as the venue goes, I think we lucked out. We were in the west bleachers and the hotel being right behind us seemed to help the sound quality. The visuals were awesome seen from above. Those two facts made up for the heat and everybody standing on the bleacher seats in front of them to see. (To the tall skinny fucker who blocked our view for most of the first three songs, then left half-way through the show...I hope you develop sphincter warts.)
OFFLINE |