View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 11:33 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Location: The land of plastic chips and fake pyramids...LasVegas, Nevada
Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/01 - Las Vegas, NV - Theater Under the Stars

SUBLIME!
This show was awesome! ( even if maynard said the audience response was weak )
Getting into the show was quick and easy. I sat in the south bleacher where you had an unobstructed view of the stage. Isis began around 8:30 ish and were a bit boring. Tool took to the stage sometime around 9pm. The band was tight, although adam seemed to have some timing issues. The sound was PHENOMINAL for an outdoor venue!!!
Alot of people got to see tool this time around for free. The stage was visable from the street and at times would bring traffic on paradise to a halt. There were alot of people on the street just hanging around so got the show for free, Maynard even made a comment about the freeloaders in the hotel rooms that faced the venue,

Maynardisim;
"How many of you freeloading bastards in the balconies are having sex...
or at least jerking off?"
" Lets see some man boobs!"

There was even a cherry picker parked on paradise with two guys perched up enjoying the show!

More Maynardisims...
( in regards to Rosetta stoned and opiate ) " That song was about a real estate agent from miami with disentary...
So is this one!" ( opiate )

'" Thank you for taking a break from your compulsive gambling and raging alcoholisim to see us!"

The entire set was pretty tight and the audience went fucking nuts for lateralus!
For me, the highlight of the show was Rosetta stoned, I fucking love that song!!!
It was strange to see the reaction on the face of some of the people when Opiate was played. A few people in my section were baffled, I guess they never heard it before.
During the break between Vicarious and aenema, entire venue exploded!! people were stomping their feet on the bleachers and screaming for more. The band gracefully obliged. Vicarious was fantastic! and when aenema began, the roar of the croud was deafening! All in all it was a great experience. I took my wife who has Never seen Tool before, now she can't wait to see them again! OOPS, forgot another maynardisim;
" We will see you in the new year!'' I am counting the days!

Last edited by chubbyjesus; 09-02-2006 at 06:58 AM.. Reason: forgot to mention opiate...
OFFLINE |