View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 05:29 AM   #110
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/07 - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle0 View Post
Well, it wouldn't surpise me if they followed the same chronology as Zepplin since they are Tool's main influence.

But anyways, Maynard is smarter than that. He probably knows about Zepplins' mistakes so he wouldn't make them again.

Tool isn't playing old songs because it was the 10,000 DAYS TOUR. If you see a bar and it says The Homosexual Bar. Are you going to think there's homosexuals in there? Um yeah you will. [Nothing against gay people, was just using a reference.] So you see it's the 10,000 Days tour, so they'll play mostly 10,000 Days' songs. With the few bonus tracks like Lateralus and Schism. Be happy that they play that, they could just play some 10,000 days songs and leave.

I don't believe they're getting worse. 10,000 days was their Blue's album like they stated. It was a very emotional album. I doubt they will stay like that. Either they go back to their old roots or even experiment more and make something different.

both post were fair enough, I agree that this tour was the "10,000 days" and was a much different cd from past Tool cd's and deserverd a different type of tour.

I was happy not hearing sober, prision sex and other songs from past cd's, but thats because I heard them live many times before. So I understand that if you havent heard them live until now u might feel shorted.

lets see what happens in the spring, maybe they will change it up alittle, as for following the Led zepplins path, lets hope not for all of us :)
OFFLINE |