View Single Post
ErikTheRed
06-13-2006, 12:25 PM

Going against the flow here too. While I certainly appreciate MJK's incredible vocal talents (undeniably the best in the industry, hands down), the opening lyrics in "The Pot" are, ummm, shall we say, questionable in style. As Ive said, its very UN-Tool, which is rather disheartening. It might be lyrically technical, but its tarnished by a complete lack of Maynardness---- and a singers quality is as much style as it is ability, to the listener. To say this is his "best vocal performance" is a stretch the likes I have rarely heard..........kinda like saying Danny's greatest performance is the opening 1st minute of Wings for Marie.

???

Exactly.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:25 PM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: Maynards best vocal performance?

Going against the flow here too. While I certainly appreciate MJK's incredible vocal talents (undeniably the best in the industry, hands down), the opening lyrics in "The Pot" are, ummm, shall we say, questionable in style. As Ive said, its very UN-Tool, which is rather disheartening. It might be lyrically technical, but its tarnished by a complete lack of Maynardness---- and a singers quality is as much style as it is ability, to the listener. To say this is his "best vocal performance" is a stretch the likes I have rarely heard..........kinda like saying Danny's greatest performance is the opening 1st minute of Wings for Marie.

???

Exactly.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote