View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 09:50 PM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 12
Re: HALLOWEEN 2015 Reviews/Thoughts

SOOOOOO happy they performed "No Quarter"! It's my favorite song. And by that, I mean ever, by anyone--or at least my go-to favorite song. And considering they haven't played it since, what, 1998? I think they picked up on my telepathic vibes to play it for me :P Everything else was mostly great! They sounded amazing--a few hiccups aside. They really need to turn up Maynard's microphone, but that seems to be a usual complaint at any show. I had the same issue last time I saw them. From what I actually saw was really cool. Visuals and lighting were fantastic. The stage was nearly impossible to see where I was standing, though. The venue really doesn't accommodate very well for people unless they're over 5'10", and they definitely oversold and crammed WAY too many people in there.

Thankfully I didn't run into many people that were overly annoying, douchey, "insufferable", or used the bathroom on me. Security was really awful, though. My buddy accidentally left his pocketknife on him, and he had every intention to just toss it at check-in, but they didn't even make him empty his pockets. In fact, they didn't check anyone's pockets anywhere around me in line, except mine, and all I had were cigarettes. I heard at one point they even stopped checking bags. I'm really surprised nothing serious actually happened at this show.

Anyway, it was a very solid show overall! Great setlist. I figured they'd throw in one more encore song--"Lateralus" or "Wings"--but nope. Which was fine, because after being there for 10 hours I was ready to get out of the crowd. I've found some good quality videos of the show to satisfy what I wasn't able to see, so that's been a bonus treat to watch as well. I'm just extremely happy they played "No Quarter".
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote