View Single Post
desperado_guitarist's Avatar desperado_guitarist
06-26-2010, 10:08 PM

This was my 7th real concert; First tool concert. I was absolutely blown away by the Entity that was Maynard, Adam, Justin, and Danny performing as one. TOOL
I got shirt Number two which I was happy to find out during the show Was paired with Lateralus which made me love it that much more.

My friend and I sat in section 232 row eight. aisle seats (1 and 2) which were in the center vortex of the Aircoditioning flow I happened to notice, so we definitely got contact High from the air reeking of marijuana.

Our seats were nosebleed but amazing none the less! TOOL was fantastic overall. My favorite concert ever.

We found our seats very quickly and enjoyed the opener "Wovenhand". I really would like to hear more of their material because they were a very solid opening band for tool. And Their Drummer absolutely tore up Lateralus with Danny.

My friend actually risked a bathroom trip...merely a minute before maynard's voice filled the air...she ran back instantly.

Third Eye grabbed me by the balls, as did jambi to my soul. Somewhere in Vicarious Maynard ate my soul I believe...and I would like it back thank you very much MJK!
I loved his "Everything is going to work out- See...I Told you everything was going to work out" moments...almost as much as I loved his "age 19, hands, 20, hands" schpiel.

I about came when Carey hits the gong in Lateralus. Both times.
I believe lateralus lasted for about twenty minutes or so...i couldnt tell exactly but It was just so pure amazing.
As for the members themselves.
Maynard- Always our friendly neighborhood somethingsexual with a sweet ass megaphone and wicked keyboard skills in vicarious. I love how he unlike most singers, he just hangs out in the back with danny and Adam and Justin get the front spotlight. Which is really cool of a frontman. Well...Sideman...what have you.
Adam-My guitar Idol...It was like watching god play guitar. True inspiration. His array of effects and lightning fingerspeed and machine precision (except for one note in lateralus...sorry Adam but i cought it...its a mistake i've made too learning the song...ITs all good) Amazed me to no end. thanks for being amazing!
Justin-the ever solid nervous system of TOOL and the pulse of the rhythm. It was amazing to see him rock out live and be amazing for thousands! pure awesome!!!!

and good ol' Danny...Of all the members...he stole the show completely. You could tell how into it and How much fun he was having. I didn't catch onto the fact he was wearing a KU jersey until the end when he threw his drum heads like he typically does. That was actually very interesting to learn about while reading the thread here.
He was amazing. Lateralus was amazing with wovenhands drummer (unknown...?...someone quote this for me if possible
I had a fantastic time at TOOL 2010 KC and cannot wait for the new album their promoting and for their next tour near the Kansas/Missouri/Oklahoma area!

"SHINE ON FOREVER-Jambi:
Old 06-26-2010, 10:08 PM   #29
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.25.2010 - Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center

This was my 7th real concert; First tool concert. I was absolutely blown away by the Entity that was Maynard, Adam, Justin, and Danny performing as one. TOOL
I got shirt Number two which I was happy to find out during the show Was paired with Lateralus which made me love it that much more.

My friend and I sat in section 232 row eight. aisle seats (1 and 2) which were in the center vortex of the Aircoditioning flow I happened to notice, so we definitely got contact High from the air reeking of marijuana.

Our seats were nosebleed but amazing none the less! TOOL was fantastic overall. My favorite concert ever.

We found our seats very quickly and enjoyed the opener "Wovenhand". I really would like to hear more of their material because they were a very solid opening band for tool. And Their Drummer absolutely tore up Lateralus with Danny.

My friend actually risked a bathroom trip...merely a minute before maynard's voice filled the air...she ran back instantly.

Third Eye grabbed me by the balls, as did jambi to my soul. Somewhere in Vicarious Maynard ate my soul I believe...and I would like it back thank you very much MJK!
I loved his "Everything is going to work out- See...I Told you everything was going to work out" moments...almost as much as I loved his "age 19, hands, 20, hands" schpiel.

I about came when Carey hits the gong in Lateralus. Both times.
I believe lateralus lasted for about twenty minutes or so...i couldnt tell exactly but It was just so pure amazing.
As for the members themselves.
Maynard- Always our friendly neighborhood somethingsexual with a sweet ass megaphone and wicked keyboard skills in vicarious. I love how he unlike most singers, he just hangs out in the back with danny and Adam and Justin get the front spotlight. Which is really cool of a frontman. Well...Sideman...what have you.
Adam-My guitar Idol...It was like watching god play guitar. True inspiration. His array of effects and lightning fingerspeed and machine precision (except for one note in lateralus...sorry Adam but i cought it...its a mistake i've made too learning the song...ITs all good) Amazed me to no end. thanks for being amazing!
Justin-the ever solid nervous system of TOOL and the pulse of the rhythm. It was amazing to see him rock out live and be amazing for thousands! pure awesome!!!!

and good ol' Danny...Of all the members...he stole the show completely. You could tell how into it and How much fun he was having. I didn't catch onto the fact he was wearing a KU jersey until the end when he threw his drum heads like he typically does. That was actually very interesting to learn about while reading the thread here.
He was amazing. Lateralus was amazing with wovenhands drummer (unknown...?...someone quote this for me if possible
I had a fantastic time at TOOL 2010 KC and cannot wait for the new album their promoting and for their next tour near the Kansas/Missouri/Oklahoma area!

"SHINE ON FOREVER-Jambi:
OFFLINE |