View Single Post
ImmoralNeo
06-26-2010, 04:00 PM

4th time seeing Tool, I was still surprised though they sold out the Sprint Center, although from the floor it sure seemed the scalpers were contributing to most of it.

I was standing in Section 15A Center, closest i've ever been to show, didn't have to go through the ToolArmy website this time for decent seats. Setlist was as posted, blew me away to have "Third Eye" as the opener and even more so "taking the time machine back" to play "Intolerance." Camella and Robyn's new additions to the visuals were amazing. The new modifications to the set were awesome, the LED screens i'm sure from far away looked much better than the previous projection system. The way that the Sprint Center has the speakers set up above the stage interfered with the laser projection system...good sound overall except for Maynard's megaphone mic.

Danny had a replaced cymbal and drumhead in the middle of the set and possibly there was an issue with Justin's pedal setup he was on the floor alot adjusting in the middle, something I didn't notice the last time on the 10,000 Days tour, reading previous reviews however i'm not quite sure since it seems to be consistent with each tour date. Maynard was pretty low-key and drinking his wine through the set, he had a half-full bottle of wine when he walked on stage and he had it finished by Lateralus. Its my belief, the reason why he ran off stage so quickly at the end of the set was he had to take a piss. Danny, Justin, and Adam all stuck around on stage for a little bit, I don't know if anyone else noticed but Danny had his custom printed Kansas jersey on.

Overall it was a good show, Wovenhand's drummer did the extended Lateralus and kept up with Danny quite well. I wish it was a little longer but it was worth the money as always.

As a sidenote to anyone yet to see a venue, only three shirts are selling for $20, the rest are $40, a little bit marked up from the last show.

*EDIT* To the people wondering about Maynard running to the extra drum kit in Lateralus, he handed the drummer his sticks.

Last edited by ImmoralNeo; 06-26-2010 at 04:06 PM..
Old 06-26-2010, 04:00 PM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.25.2010 - Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center

4th time seeing Tool, I was still surprised though they sold out the Sprint Center, although from the floor it sure seemed the scalpers were contributing to most of it.

I was standing in Section 15A Center, closest i've ever been to show, didn't have to go through the ToolArmy website this time for decent seats. Setlist was as posted, blew me away to have "Third Eye" as the opener and even more so "taking the time machine back" to play "Intolerance." Camella and Robyn's new additions to the visuals were amazing. The new modifications to the set were awesome, the LED screens i'm sure from far away looked much better than the previous projection system. The way that the Sprint Center has the speakers set up above the stage interfered with the laser projection system...good sound overall except for Maynard's megaphone mic.

Danny had a replaced cymbal and drumhead in the middle of the set and possibly there was an issue with Justin's pedal setup he was on the floor alot adjusting in the middle, something I didn't notice the last time on the 10,000 Days tour, reading previous reviews however i'm not quite sure since it seems to be consistent with each tour date. Maynard was pretty low-key and drinking his wine through the set, he had a half-full bottle of wine when he walked on stage and he had it finished by Lateralus. Its my belief, the reason why he ran off stage so quickly at the end of the set was he had to take a piss. Danny, Justin, and Adam all stuck around on stage for a little bit, I don't know if anyone else noticed but Danny had his custom printed Kansas jersey on.

Overall it was a good show, Wovenhand's drummer did the extended Lateralus and kept up with Danny quite well. I wish it was a little longer but it was worth the money as always.

As a sidenote to anyone yet to see a venue, only three shirts are selling for $20, the rest are $40, a little bit marked up from the last show.

*EDIT* To the people wondering about Maynard running to the extra drum kit in Lateralus, he handed the drummer his sticks.

Last edited by ImmoralNeo; 06-26-2010 at 04:06 PM..
OFFLINE |