View Single Post
pegmatite21
06-26-2010, 10:42 AM

I had a great time at this show, I'm a huge fan of Danny Carey and the show was all about him. You could tell he was having a great time being back in the town where he went to college. Rocking the KU jersey (as always) in Jayhawk country. In reference to everybody complaining about douchbags. Well you have to come to expect that at a large venue like the Sprint Center. Dude that have only heard like a couple songs from 10,000 Days and Lateralus are gonna show up and try to act like Tool fans. Everybody wants to be an expert. I just ignore them and have a great time at the show. But I will say I get tired of the metalheads but I guess that just isn't my scene and I don't consider Tool to be "metal" like they do. Yeah it does seem like Maynard is getting older. I read that it is hard for him to get into some of those older songs anymore because he just doesn't feel like the same person that wrote those songs. It was still great to hear them play Intolerance, the older Tool is some of my favorite. Great show overall.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:42 AM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.25.2010 - Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center

I had a great time at this show, I'm a huge fan of Danny Carey and the show was all about him. You could tell he was having a great time being back in the town where he went to college. Rocking the KU jersey (as always) in Jayhawk country. In reference to everybody complaining about douchbags. Well you have to come to expect that at a large venue like the Sprint Center. Dude that have only heard like a couple songs from 10,000 Days and Lateralus are gonna show up and try to act like Tool fans. Everybody wants to be an expert. I just ignore them and have a great time at the show. But I will say I get tired of the metalheads but I guess that just isn't my scene and I don't consider Tool to be "metal" like they do. Yeah it does seem like Maynard is getting older. I read that it is hard for him to get into some of those older songs anymore because he just doesn't feel like the same person that wrote those songs. It was still great to hear them play Intolerance, the older Tool is some of my favorite. Great show overall.
OFFLINE |