View Single Post
kieflogic
06-26-2010, 08:16 AM

This was my 12th Tool show and in incredible one! Had tickets in section 120 which were decent however while standing in line outside to get in I got a text from my sister who was able to get tickets to a suit. She was alone with her fiancé and invited us up. This was a little tricky since we didn't actually have suit tickets but we managed to get past the elevator security, up to the suit level and into the box. The view was amazing but more people kept showing up so we were forced to leave right before Tool came on. We left the suit through a staircase which we all assumed would take us back down to our section. Down a few flights and out a door we found ourselves on the floor (which has seats) with virtually no security around to check tickets. We walked passed the soundboard directly up to row 10 in the center section, success!! Everyone around us didn't seem to mind and whoever's seats we were in were apparently late or not coming at all. Thirty seconds later the lights went out and Tool took the stage and started in to Third Eye! We were so close we were able to see each member's facial expressions, guitar picks, the labels on Danny's sticks, fucking incredible. This was the the best 15 minutes I've ever had at a Tool show, by far. About half way through Jambi an usher started working his way through our row checking for tickets, which we obviously didn't have. I assumed he'd get a few people deep into the row and then move on but sure enough he went through the entire line of people. He first asked my friend to my left who pretended to go through his pockets looking for the ticket he didn't have. While waiting for my friend he asked to see my ticket so I told him I lost it when I got separated from my group. He seemed somewhat sympathetic and for a moment I though he was going to let me stay but he was persistent. I pleaded with him for about 5 minutes and even tried to pay him off with the $100 bill in my pocket but that failed miserably when he told us to "get the fuck out of here". Fair enough. We worked our way back up to our legit seats and enjoyed the rest of the show which did not disappoint. All in all an awesome night and great performance from the band.

On a side note:

Hats off to the chick I saw trying to get through the ticket taker using her ID and a one dollar bill. What balls!

Last edited by kieflogic; 06-26-2010 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: Not enough info
Old 06-26-2010, 08:16 AM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.25.2010 - Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center

This was my 12th Tool show and in incredible one! Had tickets in section 120 which were decent however while standing in line outside to get in I got a text from my sister who was able to get tickets to a suit. She was alone with her fiancé and invited us up. This was a little tricky since we didn't actually have suit tickets but we managed to get past the elevator security, up to the suit level and into the box. The view was amazing but more people kept showing up so we were forced to leave right before Tool came on. We left the suit through a staircase which we all assumed would take us back down to our section. Down a few flights and out a door we found ourselves on the floor (which has seats) with virtually no security around to check tickets. We walked passed the soundboard directly up to row 10 in the center section, success!! Everyone around us didn't seem to mind and whoever's seats we were in were apparently late or not coming at all. Thirty seconds later the lights went out and Tool took the stage and started in to Third Eye! We were so close we were able to see each member's facial expressions, guitar picks, the labels on Danny's sticks, fucking incredible. This was the the best 15 minutes I've ever had at a Tool show, by far. About half way through Jambi an usher started working his way through our row checking for tickets, which we obviously didn't have. I assumed he'd get a few people deep into the row and then move on but sure enough he went through the entire line of people. He first asked my friend to my left who pretended to go through his pockets looking for the ticket he didn't have. While waiting for my friend he asked to see my ticket so I told him I lost it when I got separated from my group. He seemed somewhat sympathetic and for a moment I though he was going to let me stay but he was persistent. I pleaded with him for about 5 minutes and even tried to pay him off with the $100 bill in my pocket but that failed miserably when he told us to "get the fuck out of here". Fair enough. We worked our way back up to our legit seats and enjoyed the rest of the show which did not disappoint. All in all an awesome night and great performance from the band.

On a side note:

Hats off to the chick I saw trying to get through the ticket taker using her ID and a one dollar bill. What balls!

Last edited by kieflogic; 06-26-2010 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: Not enough info
OFFLINE |