View Single Post
06-17-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCP View Post
OK, so i'm new here on this site, basically because i've never really been into using the internet much. However, i have been a pretty big fan of tool since about 1995 when i was sixteen and first heard Opiate and Undertow. In my humble opinion Aenima is the best album i've ever owned, i still love it and think it's a perfect album. Then i wait five years for their next release which ofcourse is Lateralus, and album which took a bit of listening before it grew on me, now i like it a lot, The Grudge is one of my favorite songs from the band. But it never came close to the greatness of Aenima, and really there are only five good songs on it.

AND THEN... - 2006 and i see a commercial on tv advertising a new album from the band, a commercial which played a teaser of the song vicarious, i got quite excited because i liked what i heard. Then i buy the album 10,000 days on the release date. Vicarious is a pretty good song, it doesnt come close to anything on Aenima though. and then jambi is ok, um the title track pretty good if you're in the mood for it, the pot is possibly the worst tool song ever, and i don't care how many fanboys try telling me that Maynards vocals at the start of that song are amazing, it sounds terrible, what was he thinking?. rosetta stoned is alright, parts of it are good, and right in two is an alright song too, but none of them are anywhere near as good as most of their early work. There is not one moment on the album that has the passion of their earlier work.

The vocals are laboured, the musicianship is recycled and the fact that they released that crap is a kick in the teeth to tool fans world wide. I loved tool and as much as i was hanging out for more albums from them, i really wish they had just given up if 10,000 days is all they can come up with. Oh and to those of you who say it's just like Lateralus, it requires a lot of listening before ya get it. Bullshit, i've had the album three years and would have listened to it over a hundred times, it still bores me, and no i'm not going to light a whole bunch of candles and meditate and shit just to try and unravel some non existent mystery.

I see that tool are on tour again, if they're contemplating making new material, they have got to forget about 10,000 days and write something good this time. Or better yet, write a song about how much 10,000 days sucks.

My three favorite albums from all bands are Aenima-Undertow-Lateralus. My least favorite album from all bands is 10,000 days. That says something.

I just wish that real fans of the band will finally admit that it sucks and stop fooling themselves, I read reviews on amazon.com and there were a lot of people giving this shit five stars lol. It's funny that they all said practically the same thing. "you gotta give it a few listens before you understand it", "this album is genius". BUllshit.

The best thing for the bands sake would be for the fans to finally be honest about how much the album sucks. Tool must be the only band in the world who's fans will accept such crap from with such eager ignorance.
you gotta give it a few listens before you understand it
Old 06-17-2009, 01:59 PM   #22

Bincount™: 391
Re: 10,000 days is great?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCP View Post
OK, so i'm new here on this site, basically because i've never really been into using the internet much. However, i have been a pretty big fan of tool since about 1995 when i was sixteen and first heard Opiate and Undertow. In my humble opinion Aenima is the best album i've ever owned, i still love it and think it's a perfect album. Then i wait five years for their next release which ofcourse is Lateralus, and album which took a bit of listening before it grew on me, now i like it a lot, The Grudge is one of my favorite songs from the band. But it never came close to the greatness of Aenima, and really there are only five good songs on it.

AND THEN... - 2006 and i see a commercial on tv advertising a new album from the band, a commercial which played a teaser of the song vicarious, i got quite excited because i liked what i heard. Then i buy the album 10,000 days on the release date. Vicarious is a pretty good song, it doesnt come close to anything on Aenima though. and then jambi is ok, um the title track pretty good if you're in the mood for it, the pot is possibly the worst tool song ever, and i don't care how many fanboys try telling me that Maynards vocals at the start of that song are amazing, it sounds terrible, what was he thinking?. rosetta stoned is alright, parts of it are good, and right in two is an alright song too, but none of them are anywhere near as good as most of their early work. There is not one moment on the album that has the passion of their earlier work.

The vocals are laboured, the musicianship is recycled and the fact that they released that crap is a kick in the teeth to tool fans world wide. I loved tool and as much as i was hanging out for more albums from them, i really wish they had just given up if 10,000 days is all they can come up with. Oh and to those of you who say it's just like Lateralus, it requires a lot of listening before ya get it. Bullshit, i've had the album three years and would have listened to it over a hundred times, it still bores me, and no i'm not going to light a whole bunch of candles and meditate and shit just to try and unravel some non existent mystery.

I see that tool are on tour again, if they're contemplating making new material, they have got to forget about 10,000 days and write something good this time. Or better yet, write a song about how much 10,000 days sucks.

My three favorite albums from all bands are Aenima-Undertow-Lateralus. My least favorite album from all bands is 10,000 days. That says something.

I just wish that real fans of the band will finally admit that it sucks and stop fooling themselves, I read reviews on amazon.com and there were a lot of people giving this shit five stars lol. It's funny that they all said practically the same thing. "you gotta give it a few listens before you understand it", "this album is genius". BUllshit.

The best thing for the bands sake would be for the fans to finally be honest about how much the album sucks. Tool must be the only band in the world who's fans will accept such crap from with such eager ignorance.
you gotta give it a few listens before you understand it
OFFLINE |