View Single Post
D NAC
06-16-2009, 10:54 PM

I think people are to quick to judge tool based on the vocals. I'll admit I listen to Tool waaaayyyyy too much. I think Maynard is an awesome vocalist and he's initially what caught my attention, but the rest of the band is what keeps me listening. When people say that 10k days is their worst album I think a lot of them mean to say that it's Maynards worst album, which I would agree with. He doesn't do a bad job on it but it does seem to lack the effort/emotion of his previous work. And I think the ambiguity of his overall message throughout the album keeps many people from enjoying it. 10k days is still one of my favorite albums because to be completely honest, I really don't care what Maynard has to say anymore. There is a lot to be enjoyed if you really pay attention to what Justin, Danny, and Adam do on this record.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:54 PM   #15
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 3
Re: 10,000 days is great?

I think people are to quick to judge tool based on the vocals. I'll admit I listen to Tool waaaayyyyy too much. I think Maynard is an awesome vocalist and he's initially what caught my attention, but the rest of the band is what keeps me listening. When people say that 10k days is their worst album I think a lot of them mean to say that it's Maynards worst album, which I would agree with. He doesn't do a bad job on it but it does seem to lack the effort/emotion of his previous work. And I think the ambiguity of his overall message throughout the album keeps many people from enjoying it. 10k days is still one of my favorite albums because to be completely honest, I really don't care what Maynard has to say anymore. There is a lot to be enjoyed if you really pay attention to what Justin, Danny, and Adam do on this record.
OFFLINE |