View Single Post
CCP
06-16-2009, 04:16 PM

My dislike for the album seems to grow with each listen which is the opposite effect that Lateralus had on me.

My main gripe with the album is the fillers. I don't see how Indian chanting fits in with the album and all of the fillers are boring. I know a lot of tool fans don't refer to these as fillers because somehow they find meaning in them which in some strange way fits in with the album as a whole. I think that is true in regards to Aenima and Lateralus but not in 10,000 days.

And songs like 'the pot' are just riddled with uninspired wannabe cryptic lyrics. I have mixed emotions when i hear that song. I laugh because it's so bad, but i feel sad that they released that rubbish on us. Maynards vocals have deterriorated substantially and he no longer has that amazing ability to draw you into a song. 10,000 days is background music at best. Surely we could have expected more than that.

I agree that the title track is good, but it could have been better. It's good but not 'Tool good'.

I'm sure they can do better than this crap, and i hope they release something else which will restore my faith. I can't stand the album.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:16 PM   #3
CCP
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 10,000 days is great?

My dislike for the album seems to grow with each listen which is the opposite effect that Lateralus had on me.

My main gripe with the album is the fillers. I don't see how Indian chanting fits in with the album and all of the fillers are boring. I know a lot of tool fans don't refer to these as fillers because somehow they find meaning in them which in some strange way fits in with the album as a whole. I think that is true in regards to Aenima and Lateralus but not in 10,000 days.

And songs like 'the pot' are just riddled with uninspired wannabe cryptic lyrics. I have mixed emotions when i hear that song. I laugh because it's so bad, but i feel sad that they released that rubbish on us. Maynards vocals have deterriorated substantially and he no longer has that amazing ability to draw you into a song. 10,000 days is background music at best. Surely we could have expected more than that.

I agree that the title track is good, but it could have been better. It's good but not 'Tool good'.

I'm sure they can do better than this crap, and i hope they release something else which will restore my faith. I can't stand the album.
OFFLINE |