View Single Post
Lateralareallofus's Avatar Lateralareallofus
06-16-2009, 03:58 PM

I disagree with your opinion that 10000 days sucks. i love the album, not near to as much as lateralus or aenima, but i still think its a great tool album. But i do hear alot of people expressing their dislike for 10000 days.
To me the album sounds like a natural progression from lateralus. the title track is one of the most moving songs i have ever heard, but i think jambi is my favorite track, or at least the one i am able to listen to the most.
I am curious as to why many dont like this album. my theory from reading many of the disussions on this site and from my own feelings about this album is that 10000 days didnt bash you over the head with tool's vision, message or whatever you wanna call it, as much as aenima and especially lateralus did.
Lateralus told you to let your grudges go, be patient, rediscover communication, realize your sprirituality and appreciate life as a divine experience. they communicated this through direct lyrics. 10000 days did not.
10000 days expressed apathy and confused aggression. There is no direct lyrics telling you wake the fuck up and stop being an ignorant human. 10000 days is their 'blues album' as the bandmembers said themselves. It doesnt pushit on you like aenima and lateralus did. Maynard answered the revolver interviewer's question as to what the overall theme of the album was and he replied with the quote that you can lead a horse to water but you cant teach it how to swim. Tool can show you the way, but they cant make you change/evolve/become a better person/whatever you listen to tool for.
They probably did not expect 10000 days to be dissappointing to their fans but they did want people to feel that something was missing in the 2006 album.
what could they possible make after such an epic album in 2001? lateralus part 2? no. they had to let you fill that gap you feel yourself by wanting something different, wanting to change, wanting to evolve. and making that decision to change.

thats my opinion at least. if this isnt the case, what specifically do dislike about the album? the lyrical content? the actual music?
Old 06-16-2009, 03:58 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 10,000 days is great?

I disagree with your opinion that 10000 days sucks. i love the album, not near to as much as lateralus or aenima, but i still think its a great tool album. But i do hear alot of people expressing their dislike for 10000 days.
To me the album sounds like a natural progression from lateralus. the title track is one of the most moving songs i have ever heard, but i think jambi is my favorite track, or at least the one i am able to listen to the most.
I am curious as to why many dont like this album. my theory from reading many of the disussions on this site and from my own feelings about this album is that 10000 days didnt bash you over the head with tool's vision, message or whatever you wanna call it, as much as aenima and especially lateralus did.
Lateralus told you to let your grudges go, be patient, rediscover communication, realize your sprirituality and appreciate life as a divine experience. they communicated this through direct lyrics. 10000 days did not.
10000 days expressed apathy and confused aggression. There is no direct lyrics telling you wake the fuck up and stop being an ignorant human. 10000 days is their 'blues album' as the bandmembers said themselves. It doesnt pushit on you like aenima and lateralus did. Maynard answered the revolver interviewer's question as to what the overall theme of the album was and he replied with the quote that you can lead a horse to water but you cant teach it how to swim. Tool can show you the way, but they cant make you change/evolve/become a better person/whatever you listen to tool for.
They probably did not expect 10000 days to be dissappointing to their fans but they did want people to feel that something was missing in the 2006 album.
what could they possible make after such an epic album in 2001? lateralus part 2? no. they had to let you fill that gap you feel yourself by wanting something different, wanting to change, wanting to evolve. and making that decision to change.

thats my opinion at least. if this isnt the case, what specifically do dislike about the album? the lyrical content? the actual music?
OFFLINE |