View Single Post
gjamison27's Avatar gjamison27
08-14-2007, 10:19 PM

Logically, if he did not believe in the Judeo/Christian orthodoxy, then I would imagine that he wouldn't ever give it much thought, much less sing and voice his discontent as often and strongly as he does. By saying, F your God, you would be validating the existence of said God. Otherwise there would be no God to F, much less talk about. You can't be mad at a God you don't believe exists.

Believing in the mere existence of organized religion is a given, we know it is there as are the trees and ocean. Now, wether or not we choose to believe in the validity of its tenets is a different story.

I can't begin to allure to what James may or not believe, practice, or subscribe to. I do however, think its obvious that he holds a little grudge against the Judeo/Christian ideology of God.

On an afterthought, this theory might also be supported by his great dislike for Scientology......then again, doesn't everyone?!
Old 08-14-2007, 10:19 PM   #10
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0
Re: The religious ambiguity of the great Maynard

Logically, if he did not believe in the Judeo/Christian orthodoxy, then I would imagine that he wouldn't ever give it much thought, much less sing and voice his discontent as often and strongly as he does. By saying, F your God, you would be validating the existence of said God. Otherwise there would be no God to F, much less talk about. You can't be mad at a God you don't believe exists.

Believing in the mere existence of organized religion is a given, we know it is there as are the trees and ocean. Now, wether or not we choose to believe in the validity of its tenets is a different story.

I can't begin to allure to what James may or not believe, practice, or subscribe to. I do however, think its obvious that he holds a little grudge against the Judeo/Christian ideology of God.

On an afterthought, this theory might also be supported by his great dislike for Scientology......then again, doesn't everyone?!