View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 10:57 PM   #80
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 9
Re: 2006/09/22 - Detroit, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd View Post
Someone mentioned on one of these internet threads somewhere that this is kind of Tool's "rock" album. And the more I think about it, I agree. The image portrayed on this one is much more the "we are a typical rock band" then anything they ever did before. They always give us a show, remember, all we know about them is what they sell us. And right now we are being sold the 80s concert experience, Tool style. The lights, the lasers, encouraging everyone to light the lighters, the all top hits set list. Maynard in his sunglasses and leather jacket, jeans with the big buckled belt and cowboy hat. I don't think that get up is any less a costume than anything else we've seen. If there is a thread about this somewhere, please direct me, I'd like to know if what others think about this…
i think.. you are wrong. is that ok?

the new material is tool's best stuff to date, and if it weren't, and it were dumbed down rock'n'roll as you say it is, it wouldn't even fucking exist. and neither would the concert. i stick my browned thumb out at the people who think they're critics and just sit at shows and expect to be entertained cuz' they bought tickets, and think they can just turn their nose down and cross their arms and say, 'entertain me, tool'. that's really not how anything works. i myself am a fan of active participation and having done such thing at this show, i enjoyed every fucking second, especially isis. you little internet band bashing cronies get on my nerves. what, is the world here to serve you? absolutely not. get off your ass and make something yourself that's worthy of public presentation, instead of snobbing off at something because it rubs you the wrong way. guess what? it's your fault that you are full of hatred and discontent, not anyone else's.

thank you.

syd, this isn't so much directed at you, but read through the rest of the thread you'll see what i'm getting at.