View Single Post
lateralusman462's Avatar lateralusman462
06-27-2006, 10:58 PM

I think I have to go with Jambi. Before 10K Days came out I was listening to Vicarious compulsively, loving every second, but wondering if the album was going to sound a lot like Lateralus (I thought Vicarious could of easily fit on it).

I sat down and was bracing myself for the first listen of 10K Days and Jambi comes on. Im feeling a surge to the throbing guitar, and Justin catches me completely off gaurd with that distinctive bass line. I looked at my roomate grinning ear to ear, knowing the album definitely wasn't Lateralus 2.

I was caught off gaurd at least 3 times on first listen (especially talk box solo), and then Maynard hits me with "Shine on forever..." Ahhh!!! FUCKING BRILLIANT!!!!
Old 06-27-2006, 10:58 PM   #40
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Most creative TOOL song on 10K Days?

I think I have to go with Jambi. Before 10K Days came out I was listening to Vicarious compulsively, loving every second, but wondering if the album was going to sound a lot like Lateralus (I thought Vicarious could of easily fit on it).

I sat down and was bracing myself for the first listen of 10K Days and Jambi comes on. Im feeling a surge to the throbing guitar, and Justin catches me completely off gaurd with that distinctive bass line. I looked at my roomate grinning ear to ear, knowing the album definitely wasn't Lateralus 2.

I was caught off gaurd at least 3 times on first listen (especially talk box solo), and then Maynard hits me with "Shine on forever..." Ahhh!!! FUCKING BRILLIANT!!!!