View Single Post
Dolophane's Avatar Dolophane
06-27-2006, 03:37 PM

Anyone mind giving more detail as to why they chose what they did? Personally, in choosing the most 'creative' song on this album, I interpret that as in something unexpected from the band. So with that in mind...

First of I'll join in on the LK/RS love. I say this for the use of a segue like they've never done before and for the new vocal styles by MJK, predominantly.

Then probably Wings. The guitar and bass are unlike anything Adam or Justine have played before. Well, anything from Adam at least, especially with all that tremolo. And Maynard's subdued voice, as well, as something rather nice.

I'm also going to give what appears to be the first nod to Vicarious (after the original poster). Yeah, the intro is pretty much typical Tool - but this song really caught me off guard. Very clever permutations of the main theme lasting throughout the song, and the "Why can't we just admit it" bit really caught me off guard the first time I heard it.

And then of course, props to any and all electronic drumming by Danny.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:37 PM   #35
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 95
Re: Most creative TOOL song on 10K Days?

Anyone mind giving more detail as to why they chose what they did? Personally, in choosing the most 'creative' song on this album, I interpret that as in something unexpected from the band. So with that in mind...

First of I'll join in on the LK/RS love. I say this for the use of a segue like they've never done before and for the new vocal styles by MJK, predominantly.

Then probably Wings. The guitar and bass are unlike anything Adam or Justine have played before. Well, anything from Adam at least, especially with all that tremolo. And Maynard's subdued voice, as well, as something rather nice.

I'm also going to give what appears to be the first nod to Vicarious (after the original poster). Yeah, the intro is pretty much typical Tool - but this song really caught me off guard. Very clever permutations of the main theme lasting throughout the song, and the "Why can't we just admit it" bit really caught me off guard the first time I heard it.

And then of course, props to any and all electronic drumming by Danny.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote