View Single Post
guitarpete987
05-22-2006, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StereoScopicLenses
All this EQ crap can only work so much. A sure-fire way to accustom yourself is to play/study whatever instrument you have trouble hearing. Others have already said this BUT they are RIGHT. I am surprised you have trouble hearing the drums. Most people that I know who aren't musicians usually have trouble picking out the bass.
Yeah, bass can be tough for non musicians to hear. But if it wasn't there, they'd notice for sure.

And EQ is really important. Or even not so much EQ but just the quality of the equipment. It's directly related to why music sounds horrible on most earbud headphones and just so awesome on a really good pair of studio style ones. Like the headphones that come with most mp3 players... no dynamic range what so ever.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:48 PM   #223
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4
Re: What is Wrong With My Ears...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StereoScopicLenses
All this EQ crap can only work so much. A sure-fire way to accustom yourself is to play/study whatever instrument you have trouble hearing. Others have already said this BUT they are RIGHT. I am surprised you have trouble hearing the drums. Most people that I know who aren't musicians usually have trouble picking out the bass.
Yeah, bass can be tough for non musicians to hear. But if it wasn't there, they'd notice for sure.

And EQ is really important. Or even not so much EQ but just the quality of the equipment. It's directly related to why music sounds horrible on most earbud headphones and just so awesome on a really good pair of studio style ones. Like the headphones that come with most mp3 players... no dynamic range what so ever.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote