View Single Post
MisterMudd's Avatar MisterMudd
05-22-2006, 03:52 PM

Well, this could be a blessing. You hear the song as a whole, and appreciate the composition as one sound.

On the other hand I can understand your frustration. Maybe if you "trained" your ears to pick out the drums by listening to more drum solos (like Mike Portnoy or Neil Peart) you might have an easier time.

Most people have the hardest time hearing the Toms and Bass Drums as well as the Bass guitar. Usually people hear the snare, cymbals, guitar, and vocals easiest because they are all in the same frequency range as the human voice. (I know that info may be useless, but just thought I would throw it in there).
Old 05-22-2006, 03:52 PM   #217
Just Some Dude (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 1330
Re: What is Wrong With My Ears...

Well, this could be a blessing. You hear the song as a whole, and appreciate the composition as one sound.

On the other hand I can understand your frustration. Maybe if you "trained" your ears to pick out the drums by listening to more drum solos (like Mike Portnoy or Neil Peart) you might have an easier time.

Most people have the hardest time hearing the Toms and Bass Drums as well as the Bass guitar. Usually people hear the snare, cymbals, guitar, and vocals easiest because they are all in the same frequency range as the human voice. (I know that info may be useless, but just thought I would throw it in there).
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote