View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 09:22 AM   #46
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/13 - Chicago, IL - Auditorium Theatre

First post from a longtime Toolshed visitor, and Tool fan since '93.
This was my 4th show. Great sound, great lighting, great visuals. Except for several what seemed to be mess-ups on Adams part, which may or may not have been intentional, the band played as good as would be expected.

The sound techs seemed to be on top of things for the most part, altering levels when needed, vocals in particular. Right in Two, never saw that coming, but much appreciated, and a fair trade-off for The Pot and The Patient. Maynard's "dancing", top notch entertainment. heh

I did observe something I thought to be strange however. The excitement of the crowd seemed dependant on the age of the song. The older the song, Sober and songs from Aenima for instance, the more the crowd was into it. I was surprised to see the majority of the crowd near motionless in comparison through most of the 10,000 Days material. I thought this was strange considering the difficulty in getting tickets, and thinking mostly "hardcore" fans would be in attendance. Oh well, not a big deal, it did not hinder my enjoyment of the show. I can not wait to see them again in the Fall.
OFFLINE |