View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 06:32 AM   #6665
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eulogys View Post
I wouldn't count on Providence. Last time they played there ('02 Lateralus tour) wasn't that great. The crowd sucked, Maynard had a hissy fit and walked off stage in the middle of Parabola, they skipped a song (the patient), and they only filled maybe 70% of the arena (the only one of their 10 New England shows that wasn't sold out in '01-'02). Completely skipped Providence during 10k tour.

If they add a 2nd New England date, my guess would be either TD Banknorth in Boston or CCCC in Portland. Comcast center would be the obvious choice, but there's no open dates to accommodate them.
I was at the last Providence show. It was a let down after the incredible show in Boston the night before. They recovered well the following night in Manchester. I think if they played it this time out it would be a full house as the only southern New England date. On Lateralus, I think it got lost between New Haven, Boston and Manchester. I can't see them playing TD Banknorth and Manchester. A second show in Manchester could also be a possibilty.
OFFLINE |