View Single Post
hatred in a jar's Avatar hatred in a jar
02-03-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biff View Post
Sooooooooo... honest comments and critiques are just reflective of grumpiness? I thought this was a review section instead of a blow-smoke-up-each-others-asses-about-how-we-are-lucky-to-see-Tool section. I too have seen Tool on both coasts, in the midwest, up and down the mid-Atlantic region, and wherever else I could. I think they are the best band on the planet, and I've never seen a live band so consistent nor capable of reaching truly celestial heights, so my comments are clearly relative. So yea, we're lucky that WE GET TO PAY to see Tool (one of the most expensive tickets around) and they are lucky that we care enough about them after 6 years without new material to go see them. Get that straight. Second, I live in the NNJ/NYC area and like it and have seen good crowds here at shows, but by and large, there's a better chance of a show being spoiled by the crowd here than anywhere else I've ever seen a show, and I've seen shows spoiled by crowds elsewhere... obviously, this is relative to my experience. Sooooo that being said... Tool were off two nights ago and the crowd sucked so they cut a song from the set. What the fuck is wrong with that? It happened.
well you also have to take into consideration that this was a seated GA. that pretty much ruins everything because no one can move. i do have to admit that no one around me seemed as excited as i was to be there. that being said i was fucking ripped and had a great time. watching the clips of the show brought back memories of how awesome the moment really was and how maynard is has such control and knows how to use the microphone to full advantage and i love how little subtle changes in the delivery gives certain moments of every song a truly different feel. tool will never dissapoint me.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:17 PM   #68
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.01.2012 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Izod Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by biff View Post
Sooooooooo... honest comments and critiques are just reflective of grumpiness? I thought this was a review section instead of a blow-smoke-up-each-others-asses-about-how-we-are-lucky-to-see-Tool section. I too have seen Tool on both coasts, in the midwest, up and down the mid-Atlantic region, and wherever else I could. I think they are the best band on the planet, and I've never seen a live band so consistent nor capable of reaching truly celestial heights, so my comments are clearly relative. So yea, we're lucky that WE GET TO PAY to see Tool (one of the most expensive tickets around) and they are lucky that we care enough about them after 6 years without new material to go see them. Get that straight. Second, I live in the NNJ/NYC area and like it and have seen good crowds here at shows, but by and large, there's a better chance of a show being spoiled by the crowd here than anywhere else I've ever seen a show, and I've seen shows spoiled by crowds elsewhere... obviously, this is relative to my experience. Sooooo that being said... Tool were off two nights ago and the crowd sucked so they cut a song from the set. What the fuck is wrong with that? It happened.
well you also have to take into consideration that this was a seated GA. that pretty much ruins everything because no one can move. i do have to admit that no one around me seemed as excited as i was to be there. that being said i was fucking ripped and had a great time. watching the clips of the show brought back memories of how awesome the moment really was and how maynard is has such control and knows how to use the microphone to full advantage and i love how little subtle changes in the delivery gives certain moments of every song a truly different feel. tool will never dissapoint me.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote