View Single Post
mikkey66
02-03-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos10 View Post
The comments on this page are ridiculous beyond my understanding. I have seen Tool numerous times in LA, San Francisco, San Jose, Sacramento, Texas, New Mexico, New Orleans, Manhatten and now New Jersey and no matter where you are there are idiots who constantly talk during shows! It's not the city, it's the luck of the draw where you sit.
It is absolutely ridiculous to blame a city. I could go on and on about LA and how many morons in the music industry get free tickets to shows and do not have a clue what is going on, so they socialize and ruin it for diehards.
With that being said, last nights show was fucking great. Not the best obviously, thanks to probably the worst piece of shit DJ/synthesizing crap I have ever heard in my life.
I have no idea who's idea this was but I agree with a comment above : complete failure. But besides that complete disturbance in the flow of the show and cleansing the
sound and visuals were top form. The visuals specifically were the best I have ever seen from them in the last 20 years.
I was worried about the acoustics in a big arena but to my surprise it sounded perfect.
People will always complain about the setlist and that is their prerogative. I for one am just happy that Tool continue to tour. I am 40 and the first time I saw them was on a side stage in Phoenix at Lollapalooza in 1993. To think that almost 20 years later I would get to see Tool and Janes Addiction within a couple of months is unreal.

To all you bitching moaning complainers, be happy that you saw them at all and try to appreciate the fact that TOOL still exists!
AMEN.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #65
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.01.2012 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Izod Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos10 View Post
The comments on this page are ridiculous beyond my understanding. I have seen Tool numerous times in LA, San Francisco, San Jose, Sacramento, Texas, New Mexico, New Orleans, Manhatten and now New Jersey and no matter where you are there are idiots who constantly talk during shows! It's not the city, it's the luck of the draw where you sit.
It is absolutely ridiculous to blame a city. I could go on and on about LA and how many morons in the music industry get free tickets to shows and do not have a clue what is going on, so they socialize and ruin it for diehards.
With that being said, last nights show was fucking great. Not the best obviously, thanks to probably the worst piece of shit DJ/synthesizing crap I have ever heard in my life.
I have no idea who's idea this was but I agree with a comment above : complete failure. But besides that complete disturbance in the flow of the show and cleansing the
sound and visuals were top form. The visuals specifically were the best I have ever seen from them in the last 20 years.
I was worried about the acoustics in a big arena but to my surprise it sounded perfect.
People will always complain about the setlist and that is their prerogative. I for one am just happy that Tool continue to tour. I am 40 and the first time I saw them was on a side stage in Phoenix at Lollapalooza in 1993. To think that almost 20 years later I would get to see Tool and Janes Addiction within a couple of months is unreal.

To all you bitching moaning complainers, be happy that you saw them at all and try to appreciate the fact that TOOL still exists!
AMEN.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote