View Single Post
SchismEleven's Avatar SchismEleven
02-03-2012, 08:02 AM

Great show overall. Since this was not a new album Tour it felt more intimate...but I didn't enjoy the IZOD center as much as I did back in 06.' The crowd seemed like a bunch of roadies & their main objective was to get drunk/high. That is fine if this was a festival with other bands but @ a Tool show you do not need anything to enhance your experience. Another thing I don't understand is the large amount of guys looking toward each other and not at the band while singing the lyrics. This actually happened directly to my left and right of where I was seated. Too much Bro-mance for me guys and even my fiancé mentioned this at the end of the show. She has also been to several concerts and was kind of baffled at the annoyances of the crowd.

Back in 06' it was more or less a greatest hits show with the needed 10,000 days songs in the setlist. I actually saw 2 shows in 2 weeks that tour so it felt repetitive but I still feel those were FULL shows. So far this mini-tour has been only about 9 full songs. I don't know about anyone else but that’s not enough material when each ticket is over $65 a pop.

On a positive note it was nice to hear Sober/Hooker/Intention/Pushit this time around. If that setlist someone received is real, it’s a huge let down that they didn’t play Parabola. Never heard that one either. It will be interesting to see what the next couple of shows will have to offer. Instead of Parabola, H. or Jimmy would also fit great before they play Aenema. Just my opinion. Since Tool doesn't come around too often, I can only hope they continue to tour till they are old and greyer. ; )

Till then, I’ll keep my ears third eye opened when the new album is released!

9/28/06 Camden
10/06/06 East Rutherford
7/18/07 Holmdel
2/01/12 East Rutherford
Old 02-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #58
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.01.2012 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Izod Centre

Great show overall. Since this was not a new album Tour it felt more intimate...but I didn't enjoy the IZOD center as much as I did back in 06.' The crowd seemed like a bunch of roadies & their main objective was to get drunk/high. That is fine if this was a festival with other bands but @ a Tool show you do not need anything to enhance your experience. Another thing I don't understand is the large amount of guys looking toward each other and not at the band while singing the lyrics. This actually happened directly to my left and right of where I was seated. Too much Bro-mance for me guys and even my fiancé mentioned this at the end of the show. She has also been to several concerts and was kind of baffled at the annoyances of the crowd.

Back in 06' it was more or less a greatest hits show with the needed 10,000 days songs in the setlist. I actually saw 2 shows in 2 weeks that tour so it felt repetitive but I still feel those were FULL shows. So far this mini-tour has been only about 9 full songs. I don't know about anyone else but that’s not enough material when each ticket is over $65 a pop.

On a positive note it was nice to hear Sober/Hooker/Intention/Pushit this time around. If that setlist someone received is real, it’s a huge let down that they didn’t play Parabola. Never heard that one either. It will be interesting to see what the next couple of shows will have to offer. Instead of Parabola, H. or Jimmy would also fit great before they play Aenema. Just my opinion. Since Tool doesn't come around too often, I can only hope they continue to tour till they are old and greyer. ; )

Till then, I’ll keep my ears third eye opened when the new album is released!

9/28/06 Camden
10/06/06 East Rutherford
7/18/07 Holmdel
2/01/12 East Rutherford
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote