View Single Post
dr funkmaster's Avatar dr funkmaster
07-31-2009, 11:55 PM

Nothing really unique to add to the conversation, but had a great time at show #9. Sound was great on the floor...though I had to take a receipt in my pocket, tear it up, and use that as ear plugs, hah. The reverb before Jambi was about to make my ear drums explode. Was hoping for something different from Atlanta, but I'm not complaining.

Lateralus was particular amazing this time and Danny, Justin, and even Adam were impressed and laughing at Tweak Birds drummer's performance. Maynard starting it off with "Let the drumsturbation begin!" was pretty hilarious as well.

I always love Flood live and Rosetta Stoned has been particularly crisp this tour.

Overall excellent show. My only regret was not getting one of the 2009 concert posters there since I didn't realize they were soldout online already. Oh well...I'll see if ebay prices come down in a few months.

If any of you were in the group of us throwing the frisbee around for an hour in the parking after the show, thanks for a great time. And if you were around while we were shrieking the guitar part to Parabola coming from some dude's car, I hope you were amused more than horrified, haha. Traffic forced us to skip dinner so I think the beers affected us a little more than usual, hah.

Last edited by dr funkmaster; 08-01-2009 at 07:58 AM..
Old 07-31-2009, 11:55 PM   #51
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.29.09 - Charlotte, NC @ Bojangle's Coliseum

Nothing really unique to add to the conversation, but had a great time at show #9. Sound was great on the floor...though I had to take a receipt in my pocket, tear it up, and use that as ear plugs, hah. The reverb before Jambi was about to make my ear drums explode. Was hoping for something different from Atlanta, but I'm not complaining.

Lateralus was particular amazing this time and Danny, Justin, and even Adam were impressed and laughing at Tweak Birds drummer's performance. Maynard starting it off with "Let the drumsturbation begin!" was pretty hilarious as well.

I always love Flood live and Rosetta Stoned has been particularly crisp this tour.

Overall excellent show. My only regret was not getting one of the 2009 concert posters there since I didn't realize they were soldout online already. Oh well...I'll see if ebay prices come down in a few months.

If any of you were in the group of us throwing the frisbee around for an hour in the parking after the show, thanks for a great time. And if you were around while we were shrieking the guitar part to Parabola coming from some dude's car, I hope you were amused more than horrified, haha. Traffic forced us to skip dinner so I think the beers affected us a little more than usual, hah.

Last edited by dr funkmaster; 08-01-2009 at 07:58 AM..
OFFLINE |