View Single Post
megatom5
07-30-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands View Post
I heard the eulogy tease (and about punched my friend in the face with glee). I also was almost positive wings/10k was coming after they started playing the thunder.

Second Tool show, saw them in Winston-Salem in 2007 and this show was a little better IMO. I dug the fuck out of Aenema which I've wanted to see live since I started listening to Tool in 2002 or so, and everything else was great. That venue was just as bad as Joel Coliseum though, total clusterfuck bodypress everywhere and tons of drunken meathead douches that should think about learning to swim. That having been said the people around me were pretty cool.

I think it was during the soundscape prelude to either Aenema or Vicarious that some dude in a section pretty close by was literally shrieking "PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE" over and over again, if I had been close to him I'd have high-fived for sure. He was literally yelling himself hoarse repeating it for like 3 or 4 minutes. I still hope someday I'll see that song live.
Yeah the seemed to be teasing a bunch of songs at this show. I heard the buzzing sound from pushit and either adam or justin did the guitar scratch from Prison Sex, both of these teases had me almost jumping for joy. But alas none of this comes to fruition. During the Prison Sex tease I thought I saw Adam and Danny look over to Maynard and he shook his head. FYI I was basically right beside Justin but not on the floor.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:29 PM   #45
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.29.09 - Charlotte, NC @ Bojangle's Coliseum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands View Post
I heard the eulogy tease (and about punched my friend in the face with glee). I also was almost positive wings/10k was coming after they started playing the thunder.

Second Tool show, saw them in Winston-Salem in 2007 and this show was a little better IMO. I dug the fuck out of Aenema which I've wanted to see live since I started listening to Tool in 2002 or so, and everything else was great. That venue was just as bad as Joel Coliseum though, total clusterfuck bodypress everywhere and tons of drunken meathead douches that should think about learning to swim. That having been said the people around me were pretty cool.

I think it was during the soundscape prelude to either Aenema or Vicarious that some dude in a section pretty close by was literally shrieking "PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE" over and over again, if I had been close to him I'd have high-fived for sure. He was literally yelling himself hoarse repeating it for like 3 or 4 minutes. I still hope someday I'll see that song live.
Yeah the seemed to be teasing a bunch of songs at this show. I heard the buzzing sound from pushit and either adam or justin did the guitar scratch from Prison Sex, both of these teases had me almost jumping for joy. But alas none of this comes to fruition. During the Prison Sex tease I thought I saw Adam and Danny look over to Maynard and he shook his head. FYI I was basically right beside Justin but not on the floor.
OFFLINE |