from this
Bull
shit
three
ring
circus
sideshow of
Freaks

SO, I had a crazy crazy night and this concert was the center of it, so i'm just sharing... I got off of work at the bookstore and went to banks st bar where my friend sarah works & we were drinkin & i was sooo sad cuz tool was playin AND i was completely fuckin broke, i'm talkin change in my purse. The past month has been one of the sorriest of my life moneywise, ok? seriously...

"Calculate what we will or will not tolerate."

So we decided we were fuckin' going, and she would somehow pay with the tips she'd made from the Jell-o shots we'd stayed up late making the night before (cuz she's awesome) but first we had to go around the corner to some crazy mexican party one of the bar patrons had asked her to attend. I called and the show was not sold out and tickets were FIFTY FUCKIN BUCKS, ugh, i need to be paid more...not that tool isn't worth fifty bucks, or anything, cuz they absolutely are...anyway, so the party was for this tiny crazy old mexican lady and it was super loud and all very mexican and they had rented a porta potty and no one spoke english but they all nodded and smiled and they were playin mariachi craziness super loud and kept trying to hand me beers...everyone was enjoying the crap outta themselves and i laughing hysterically whenever sarah or i said buenas noches...we were laughing at us, too...

"Boredom's not a burden
Anyone should bear.
Constant over stimu-lation numbs me
and I wouldn't have
It any other way.
It's not enough.
I need more.
Nothing seems to satisfy.
I don't want it.
I just need it.
To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. "

anyway then we drive to the arena and FIND A PARKING SPOT super close (in NEW ORLEANS, what the hell?! super close and FREE is impossible...) and go to the box office and the evil bitch behind the counter refuses to sell us tickets!

"A groan of tedium escapes me,
Startling the fearful.
Is this a test? It has to be,
Otherwise I can't go on.
Draining patience, drain vitality.
This paranoid, paralyzed vampire act's a little old.
But I'm still right here
Giving blood, keeping faith
And I'm still right here."

we had missed the opening bands which i was fine with, i know tool picks bands they think people should hear, but work/money/life prevented us from getting there sooner, my life's really just too insane right now...anyway, the bitch behind the window was like, "no, we stopped selling at 9," it was like 9:08, so me, sarah and an angry mob of 8 drunk/fucked up guys ("It's my fuckin BIRTHDAY, my BIRTHDAY, I need to see fuckin TOOOL, man") assaulted everyone with a badge and yelled for them to let us in, and for supervisors and they all ran away promising they'd return and never did, cops came and yelled at us, saying, "Call Tool and complain about it"

"Someone told me once
that there's a right and wrong,
and that punishment
would come to those
who dare to cross the line.
But it must not be true
for jerk-offs like you.
Maybe it takes longer to catch a total asshole.
but I'm tired of waiting.
Maybe it's just bullshit and I should play GOD,
and shoot you myself.*
Because I'm tired of waiting. "

so sarah and i were like fuck this, we seperated from the mob and walked around the back of the arena and paid some security folk $80 to let us in the catering entrance! we walked in like we owned the place talkin some shit about gourmet pizza and took the service elevator to the 3rd floor, walked onto the balcony, saw a special seating row of chairs with TWO EMPTIES and fuckin sat down

"We barely remember what came before this precious moment,
Choosing to be here right now. Hold on, stay inside...
This body holding me, reminding me that I am not alone in
This body makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion."

and the show was fuckin AMAZING...AH HA HA HA

we had missed three songs (had heard them from outside, though) and the first song opening i actually heard was fuckin "lateralus" OHMYGOD, fuckin amazing

"Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me.
lets me see.
As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
drawn beyond the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must
Feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.
I'm reaching up and reaching out,
I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me.

The "drum off" was fantastic, i adored every milisecond of that, i felt joy at every single moment of that show, i cannot believe how great tool has gotten at the audio/visuals meeting up at those fantastic seconds, god damn...tool can perform, i liked maynard's sexy cowboy hat, i feel he was pleased with us as an audience, he didn't turn; they played for a long time. just...god...fan fucking tastic preformance...eargsams...several eargasms...security sucks at the arena though

after the show we went to rock & bowl and watched a bunch of rich uptown new orleans white folks dance really badly but we had a great great time

"And if there were no rewards to reap,
No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,
I certainly would've walked away by now.
And I still may.
Gonna wait it out."

So, THE song I wish I would have seen them perform? "Opiate"

Choices always were a problem for you.
What you need is someone strong to guide you.
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow,
what you need is someone strong to use you...
like me,

i fuckin love tool...just throwing that out there
l
DUDE SERIOUSLY, YOU'RE THE FUCKING MAN!! GREAT STORY!! LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT
Old 11-21-2007, 01:29 PM   #39
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 17 New Orleans, LA New Orleans Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyteRabbit79 View Post
Some say the end is near...
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will.
I sure could use a vacation
from this
Bull
shit
three
ring
circus
sideshow of
Freaks

SO, I had a crazy crazy night and this concert was the center of it, so i'm just sharing... I got off of work at the bookstore and went to banks st bar where my friend sarah works & we were drinkin & i was sooo sad cuz tool was playin AND i was completely fuckin broke, i'm talkin change in my purse. The past month has been one of the sorriest of my life moneywise, ok? seriously...

"Calculate what we will or will not tolerate."

So we decided we were fuckin' going, and she would somehow pay with the tips she'd made from the Jell-o shots we'd stayed up late making the night before (cuz she's awesome) but first we had to go around the corner to some crazy mexican party one of the bar patrons had asked her to attend. I called and the show was not sold out and tickets were FIFTY FUCKIN BUCKS, ugh, i need to be paid more...not that tool isn't worth fifty bucks, or anything, cuz they absolutely are...anyway, so the party was for this tiny crazy old mexican lady and it was super loud and all very mexican and they had rented a porta potty and no one spoke english but they all nodded and smiled and they were playin mariachi craziness super loud and kept trying to hand me beers...everyone was enjoying the crap outta themselves and i laughing hysterically whenever sarah or i said buenas noches...we were laughing at us, too...

"Boredom's not a burden
Anyone should bear.
Constant over stimu-lation numbs me
and I wouldn't have
It any other way.
It's not enough.
I need more.
Nothing seems to satisfy.
I don't want it.
I just need it.
To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. "

anyway then we drive to the arena and FIND A PARKING SPOT super close (in NEW ORLEANS, what the hell?! super close and FREE is impossible...) and go to the box office and the evil bitch behind the counter refuses to sell us tickets!

"A groan of tedium escapes me,
Startling the fearful.
Is this a test? It has to be,
Otherwise I can't go on.
Draining patience, drain vitality.
This paranoid, paralyzed vampire act's a little old.
But I'm still right here
Giving blood, keeping faith
And I'm still right here."

we had missed the opening bands which i was fine with, i know tool picks bands they think people should hear, but work/money/life prevented us from getting there sooner, my life's really just too insane right now...anyway, the bitch behind the window was like, "no, we stopped selling at 9," it was like 9:08, so me, sarah and an angry mob of 8 drunk/fucked up guys ("It's my fuckin BIRTHDAY, my BIRTHDAY, I need to see fuckin TOOOL, man") assaulted everyone with a badge and yelled for them to let us in, and for supervisors and they all ran away promising they'd return and never did, cops came and yelled at us, saying, "Call Tool and complain about it"

"Someone told me once
that there's a right and wrong,
and that punishment
would come to those
who dare to cross the line.
But it must not be true
for jerk-offs like you.
Maybe it takes longer to catch a total asshole.
but I'm tired of waiting.
Maybe it's just bullshit and I should play GOD,
and shoot you myself.*
Because I'm tired of waiting. "

so sarah and i were like fuck this, we seperated from the mob and walked around the back of the arena and paid some security folk $80 to let us in the catering entrance! we walked in like we owned the place talkin some shit about gourmet pizza and took the service elevator to the 3rd floor, walked onto the balcony, saw a special seating row of chairs with TWO EMPTIES and fuckin sat down

"We barely remember what came before this precious moment,
Choosing to be here right now. Hold on, stay inside...
This body holding me, reminding me that I am not alone in
This body makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion."

and the show was fuckin AMAZING...AH HA HA HA

we had missed three songs (had heard them from outside, though) and the first song opening i actually heard was fuckin "lateralus" OHMYGOD, fuckin amazing

"Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me.
lets me see.
As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
drawn beyond the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must
Feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.
I'm reaching up and reaching out,
I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me.

The "drum off" was fantastic, i adored every milisecond of that, i felt joy at every single moment of that show, i cannot believe how great tool has gotten at the audio/visuals meeting up at those fantastic seconds, god damn...tool can perform, i liked maynard's sexy cowboy hat, i feel he was pleased with us as an audience, he didn't turn; they played for a long time. just...god...fan fucking tastic preformance...eargsams...several eargasms...security sucks at the arena though

after the show we went to rock & bowl and watched a bunch of rich uptown new orleans white folks dance really badly but we had a great great time

"And if there were no rewards to reap,
No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,
I certainly would've walked away by now.
And I still may.
Gonna wait it out."

So, THE song I wish I would have seen them perform? "Opiate"

Choices always were a problem for you.
What you need is someone strong to guide you.
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow,
what you need is someone strong to use you...
like me,

i fuckin love tool...just throwing that out there
l
DUDE SERIOUSLY, YOU'RE THE FUCKING MAN!! GREAT STORY!! LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT