View Single Post
Loteksolutions
11-20-2007, 12:32 PM

A friend and I took a road trip to Austin from Orlando to see the Austin, Houston, and New Orleans show. Best trip of my life. The security was DEFINITELY careless for most of the arena..I actually screwed up BIGTIME and wasted my general admission privileges by trying to go get some water before the show. I walked out of general admission, got what I needed, and was refused readmission due to the fact that I didn't have a wristband. The guy never told me to get one, but was definitely telling people to do so as I pleaded my case. They didn't remember me and were not about to help me out. In fact they toyed with me about it quite a bit.

In hindsight, If I were in a normal frame of mind, I wouldn't have lacked the communication skills necessary to gain entrance and probably would have noticed a table giving out wristbands (of course, had they been putting them on you AT THE ROPE I wouldn't have had that problem, but whatever.) It was a $200 lesson in communication/awareness/remembering my pen.

However, I mention it in regard to security. After accepting the fact that they weren't going to let me in, I snuck into section 11-something and stood on the stairs. Somehow, I got over it as they played Flood (which is poetic in itself when you consider the hallucinogens), and was grateful that no one told me to leave. I saw plenty of security officers walking up and down the stairs, and none of them said anything. They also didn't seem to mind people smoking joints/cigarettes, banging on chairs, etc. Although I didn't partake in those examples, I appreciated the lackadaisical security in regard to them.

I found myself enthralled with the energy all around me. I'd never before heard a girl scream in a New Orleans accent: "I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, feel connected..." It was powerful enough for me to set aside the fact that they played the same set list three shows in a row (so far), and of course dicking myself the way I had. It was my 6th tool show this year, and all things considered it was only second to Bonnaroo (And if you were there, I don't need to explain that.).

Speaking of Bonnaroo.. at the N.O. show, did anyone hear my friend (who was still on the floor..) scream "FUCK WITH MY HEAD," during the intro to Schism?

ON THE CITY: The way of security was the same attitude you could find ANYWHERE in New Orleans. They just DO NOT CARE and embrace the "what's in it for me" mentality. try asking for directions. I got the distinct impression that it's easy to disappear in that city. Needless to say, I left with a different/escalated respect and changed my attitude toward everyone for the better.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:32 PM   #32
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 17 New Orleans, LA New Orleans Arena

A friend and I took a road trip to Austin from Orlando to see the Austin, Houston, and New Orleans show. Best trip of my life. The security was DEFINITELY careless for most of the arena..I actually screwed up BIGTIME and wasted my general admission privileges by trying to go get some water before the show. I walked out of general admission, got what I needed, and was refused readmission due to the fact that I didn't have a wristband. The guy never told me to get one, but was definitely telling people to do so as I pleaded my case. They didn't remember me and were not about to help me out. In fact they toyed with me about it quite a bit.

In hindsight, If I were in a normal frame of mind, I wouldn't have lacked the communication skills necessary to gain entrance and probably would have noticed a table giving out wristbands (of course, had they been putting them on you AT THE ROPE I wouldn't have had that problem, but whatever.) It was a $200 lesson in communication/awareness/remembering my pen.

However, I mention it in regard to security. After accepting the fact that they weren't going to let me in, I snuck into section 11-something and stood on the stairs. Somehow, I got over it as they played Flood (which is poetic in itself when you consider the hallucinogens), and was grateful that no one told me to leave. I saw plenty of security officers walking up and down the stairs, and none of them said anything. They also didn't seem to mind people smoking joints/cigarettes, banging on chairs, etc. Although I didn't partake in those examples, I appreciated the lackadaisical security in regard to them.

I found myself enthralled with the energy all around me. I'd never before heard a girl scream in a New Orleans accent: "I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, feel connected..." It was powerful enough for me to set aside the fact that they played the same set list three shows in a row (so far), and of course dicking myself the way I had. It was my 6th tool show this year, and all things considered it was only second to Bonnaroo (And if you were there, I don't need to explain that.).

Speaking of Bonnaroo.. at the N.O. show, did anyone hear my friend (who was still on the floor..) scream "FUCK WITH MY HEAD," during the intro to Schism?

ON THE CITY: The way of security was the same attitude you could find ANYWHERE in New Orleans. They just DO NOT CARE and embrace the "what's in it for me" mentality. try asking for directions. I got the distinct impression that it's easy to disappear in that city. Needless to say, I left with a different/escalated respect and changed my attitude toward everyone for the better.
OFFLINE |