View Single Post
your_halo
11-18-2007, 08:27 AM

Well, the show was my 7th show- and my first out of state. That was most likely the best show I've seen yet. They really were on their top form last night. Got to sit right across from the stage on the third teer - although I happened to be right up front. So there were no obstructions to look down upon the stage - ended up being perfect seats. The lazers were above you, and below you- great effect at the end of the show!

There really was a "pink floyd" feel to end of the show- and the stage projections were simply amazing!!! Heard that they use something like 12 projectors for the stage floor alone- nevermind the rear projection screens (of which there is another 6). Overall, the light show is top grade- jaw dropping if you will.

MJK seemed to really feel it- dancing the way he does back in the days of Enima. Danny of course ripped it up. Adam and Justin just seemed to really enjoy themselves.

Although the set list was for the most part the same as every other show for 10k days- they were really dialed in (one would hope so, right?)last night.

Points of mention:

Extended Stinkfist- sooo cool, love the fact when they pull the extened ver. it throws off some in the crowd and you can hear them sing- the little joys.

The opening of Flood (and the final of that song, so good it has to be bad for you).

10000 days was truely a treat I've been waiting for. First time hearing it live- so cool. Plus it was when they pulled out the lazers.

The drummer from Trans Am- now that was odd at first- but then Danny and him got into this battle that just ended up being killer. And all right in the middle of Lateralus.

Lateralus is truely a great song- although I thought the gong would of been louder- in Marysville it was loud enought to ring your soul.

Over all the show totally rocked. Even my roommate who doesn't listen to the music or seen a show before, had a great time. Since this is most likely the last show I'll see of TOOL for around four year- I'm really glad to see it end on such a good point.

Until next time
Old 11-18-2007, 08:27 AM   #14
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 17 New Orleans, LA New Orleans Arena

Well, the show was my 7th show- and my first out of state. That was most likely the best show I've seen yet. They really were on their top form last night. Got to sit right across from the stage on the third teer - although I happened to be right up front. So there were no obstructions to look down upon the stage - ended up being perfect seats. The lazers were above you, and below you- great effect at the end of the show!

There really was a "pink floyd" feel to end of the show- and the stage projections were simply amazing!!! Heard that they use something like 12 projectors for the stage floor alone- nevermind the rear projection screens (of which there is another 6). Overall, the light show is top grade- jaw dropping if you will.

MJK seemed to really feel it- dancing the way he does back in the days of Enima. Danny of course ripped it up. Adam and Justin just seemed to really enjoy themselves.

Although the set list was for the most part the same as every other show for 10k days- they were really dialed in (one would hope so, right?)last night.

Points of mention:

Extended Stinkfist- sooo cool, love the fact when they pull the extened ver. it throws off some in the crowd and you can hear them sing- the little joys.

The opening of Flood (and the final of that song, so good it has to be bad for you).

10000 days was truely a treat I've been waiting for. First time hearing it live- so cool. Plus it was when they pulled out the lazers.

The drummer from Trans Am- now that was odd at first- but then Danny and him got into this battle that just ended up being killer. And all right in the middle of Lateralus.

Lateralus is truely a great song- although I thought the gong would of been louder- in Marysville it was loud enought to ring your soul.

Over all the show totally rocked. Even my roommate who doesn't listen to the music or seen a show before, had a great time. Since this is most likely the last show I'll see of TOOL for around four year- I'm really glad to see it end on such a good point.

Until next time
OFFLINE |