View Single Post
Brandi Rahvez
11-18-2007, 08:18 AM

Since people usually post crap that Maynard says, he actually talked about 4-5 times. I couldn't make out a lot of it.

But one was, "So what's new?"

It sucked being a bit high up for me because I think it affected the sound. As I was walking up from bathroom break at intermission, it sounded much better lower. It was hard to hear Maynard throughout most of the show. And I'm not sure if it was the acoustics in the place, but it seemed like he was using a lot of backup vocal tracks at certain parts. Again, I'm not saying he was, it just seemed like it. I was disappointed that he just put the mic into the crowd during the major "scream" in Vicarious. Again, they seemed off sync several times but it could have been because I was high up.

Danny was the fucking man, as usual. Justin had me giggling the entire time because that dude never stops making sweet love to his bass. Adam is badass. I wish I was closer to see his facial expressions, because frankly, they freak me the fuck out. Maynard has got his little rocker stance performance down.

The light show was fantastic. But I'm a sucker for lasers. I think that was the best part about being higher up. When they had the two levels of lasers (the bottom lasers were criss-crossed and the top layer was more straight on), that was the coolest part of the lasers. I commented that it looked like you just just jump onto the bottom layer and spring like you would be on a trampoline. I saw the disco balls (two on each side pretty high up) and I don't think they used them. Unless I missed it or something.

I actually enjoyed Trans Am. They were definitely something different and seemed talented. The stage looked a bit funny while they were playing because they were so close together on that huge stage.

I was at the Baton Rouge show, but unfortunately drank too much like an idiot so my boyfriend surprised me with tickets to the show because he knew I was kicking myself in the ass for not fully enjoying the Baton Rouge show. Therefore, we got the higher up tickets at the last minute. But I was thankful to redeem myself by not overindulging in the liquor.

This was about my 7th show, the first being the Ozzfest Tour back in '98 when Maynard came out of the toilet. The band has evolved since then (duh!) It's good. It's progress. But it's always nice to reminisce about the old concerts and what was great about them, but it's nice to see it changed up even if it seems to have lost some of it's rawness. That's the logical progression of forwardness.

It would be nice if I could see them in a 100 person venue play Opiate thru 10,000 days straight. HA, a girl can dream! :)

Last edited by Brandi Rahvez; 11-18-2007 at 08:20 AM..
Old 11-18-2007, 08:18 AM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 17 New Orleans, LA New Orleans Arena

Since people usually post crap that Maynard says, he actually talked about 4-5 times. I couldn't make out a lot of it.

But one was, "So what's new?"

It sucked being a bit high up for me because I think it affected the sound. As I was walking up from bathroom break at intermission, it sounded much better lower. It was hard to hear Maynard throughout most of the show. And I'm not sure if it was the acoustics in the place, but it seemed like he was using a lot of backup vocal tracks at certain parts. Again, I'm not saying he was, it just seemed like it. I was disappointed that he just put the mic into the crowd during the major "scream" in Vicarious. Again, they seemed off sync several times but it could have been because I was high up.

Danny was the fucking man, as usual. Justin had me giggling the entire time because that dude never stops making sweet love to his bass. Adam is badass. I wish I was closer to see his facial expressions, because frankly, they freak me the fuck out. Maynard has got his little rocker stance performance down.

The light show was fantastic. But I'm a sucker for lasers. I think that was the best part about being higher up. When they had the two levels of lasers (the bottom lasers were criss-crossed and the top layer was more straight on), that was the coolest part of the lasers. I commented that it looked like you just just jump onto the bottom layer and spring like you would be on a trampoline. I saw the disco balls (two on each side pretty high up) and I don't think they used them. Unless I missed it or something.

I actually enjoyed Trans Am. They were definitely something different and seemed talented. The stage looked a bit funny while they were playing because they were so close together on that huge stage.

I was at the Baton Rouge show, but unfortunately drank too much like an idiot so my boyfriend surprised me with tickets to the show because he knew I was kicking myself in the ass for not fully enjoying the Baton Rouge show. Therefore, we got the higher up tickets at the last minute. But I was thankful to redeem myself by not overindulging in the liquor.

This was about my 7th show, the first being the Ozzfest Tour back in '98 when Maynard came out of the toilet. The band has evolved since then (duh!) It's good. It's progress. But it's always nice to reminisce about the old concerts and what was great about them, but it's nice to see it changed up even if it seems to have lost some of it's rawness. That's the logical progression of forwardness.

It would be nice if I could see them in a 100 person venue play Opiate thru 10,000 days straight. HA, a girl can dream! :)

Last edited by Brandi Rahvez; 11-18-2007 at 08:20 AM..
OFFLINE |