View Single Post
Choice Breath's Avatar Choice Breath
11-18-2007, 06:01 AM

This was a really good show. I saw them in Baton Rouge a few months ago and they just seemed flat and like they just didn't give a shit, especially Maynard. (I mean, Tool is like sex, even when it's not as good as it could be, it's still pretty good, and Danny is always badass). But last night it seemed like they were really on. There could have been more clarity in the mix, especially for the drums, and a little more punch on the bass drums, but the New Orleans arena is notorious for its poor acoustics.

There is nothing else, no band performing today, possibly ever, that compares to a Tool performance. Danny Carey is simply mind-blowing. To watch him is to witness an absolute living legend. I think this was my eighth time seeing Tool ever, and my fourth since 10,000 days came out (twice in L.A., Baton Rouge, and now New Orleans) and he just impresses me even more. Shit.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:01 AM   #8
Prana

Bincount™: 8
Re: Nov 17 New Orleans, LA New Orleans Arena

This was a really good show. I saw them in Baton Rouge a few months ago and they just seemed flat and like they just didn't give a shit, especially Maynard. (I mean, Tool is like sex, even when it's not as good as it could be, it's still pretty good, and Danny is always badass). But last night it seemed like they were really on. There could have been more clarity in the mix, especially for the drums, and a little more punch on the bass drums, but the New Orleans arena is notorious for its poor acoustics.

There is nothing else, no band performing today, possibly ever, that compares to a Tool performance. Danny Carey is simply mind-blowing. To watch him is to witness an absolute living legend. I think this was my eighth time seeing Tool ever, and my fourth since 10,000 days came out (twice in L.A., Baton Rouge, and now New Orleans) and he just impresses me even more. Shit.