View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 08:36 PM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/05 - Hartford, CT - Hartford Civic Center

This is my 3rd TOOL show. The set was exactly the same as the previous few, but they played the 'encore' as Lateralus, Vicarious, then AEnima. Maynard didn't say much except "pennsylvania was louder" and "jersey is up next..." (then something sarcastic about New Jersey.) The crowd was into it most of the time except for rosetta stoned and through 10000 days. The largest roar of the crowd came at the very end with the group hug.

The sound, in my opinion, had way too much bass and Maynard's vocals were just too quiet most of the time, even during Wings.

The lasers... One great big festering neon distraction? I thought they were actually pretty cool.

The screens were only like 5 feet tall here, i think Maynard was a few inches taller than them, if you were in the back of the floor section, you really couldn't see anything.

I'd just like to finish by giving a shout out to the two balding pear-shaped idiots wearing white tool shirts who were told to get off their chairs about ten times, dude, if you're reading this... you're just not supposed to stand the chairs. maybe pepper spray is a better deterrent than a flashlight in the face?
OFFLINE |