View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 12:54 PM   #109
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/14 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmyg View Post
Awesome show!!! The highlight for Me, my daughter and her friend were when we were walking up from the construction area, free parking lot down the road before we crossed the street (across from the west entrance) we ran into Danny. He was walking alongside his bike with a security guard (I'm guessing) and my daughter recognizes him and says "Danny Carey! HI!!!" and he said "Hi, what's up". We were face to face with him. It was amazing. That's about the extent of it, but it absolutely made our day.

I thought Maynard did a TERRIFIC job on vocals. I know he said he was still sick but he sounded great to me. And I'm so glad they played as many songs as the did. I was really worried it would be short or the crowd would be doing more singing than Maynard. Not so. I'm just still in Awe.

Our seats were not nearly as bad as I thought they were going to be either (111, S). Once we got in there I knew they would be fine. I was a little worried that this guy up above and behind us that kept hanging over the rail and being really loud was going to be annoying through the whole show but (like they were during ISIS) but once Tool started I heard nothing more from him.

ISIS was great too. I'd never heard anything from them before tonight but I liked what I heard. The first song, I got a Pink Floyd kind of vibe from them, then Alice in Chains during the second song. But all in all, they had a very good sound. I definately will be checking out more from them. And I'm glad we got there in time to see them. We sat down about 5-10 minutes before they started.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great time and got home safely. I look forward to reading everyone's reviews. But for now, I gotta go to bed so I can get up at 5 a.m.

Hey, I sat next to you or your daughter, I over heard her talking about that Danny Carey story. And i remember that obnoxious guy above us. I believe you asked one of us if we were "Doug". Anyways its a small world, Peace!
OFFLINE |