View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 05:59 PM   #93
SRF
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 50
Re: 2006/09/14 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center

I am very happy to hear all the great reviews of the show. Seems like I am the only person that didnt have the time of there life. Unfortunately I have to say I am dissapointed with my experience but by no fault of Tool. Although I am a long time Tool fan this was my first concert. I have been looking forward to this tour and promised myself that I would see them this time around. I bought 4 tickets to Dallas since it was the closest venue(8 hour drive). I had been getting myself ready for the show for months and did my best to make my first Tool show perfect. I bought a hotel room just 3 blocks from the AAC and invited 3 of my friends to come along. I even whipped up a batch of kind bud brownies =). We arrived at the hotel with enough time to do a little pre game and headed to AAC at about 6:30. Everyone was really excited and even more so when we got to our seats (sec. 10 row L seats 1-4). We were very close and had a nice unobstructed view of the stage. The mood was great and the stadium began to fill. Isis really did a good job of getting the energy going. I was a bit disappointed to see so many people walk around while they were playing. I mean they arent my favorite band either but to walk around during a performance is rude no matter how you look at it. Anyway, I was ecstatic when Tool took the stage and began playing Stinkfist, and thats when the first asshole showed up. This guy walked right up to my seat and stood up in it. I looked up at him and told him to get down. He asked if I was planning on sitting in it and I said of course not. He couldn't understand why I didnt want someone I didnt know rocking out 2 inches from my back in my chair that I payed 60 dollars for. I finally got him out of my seat after arguing for at least 10 minutes. In the midst of arguing with asshole number 1 another asshole stood up in the chairs right in front of mine. I couldnt see at all. I asked him to sit down and he began arguing with me as well. This went on for a while. He tried to convince me to stand in my chair and I wouldnt because I have more respect for the people around me then that. When I finally got him to step down he just turned and argued with me more and eventually stood back up in the chair facing me singing the wrong lyrics and dancing like an idiot. All the while asshole one is still trying to take my seat again. I totally lost it at this point and grabbed a security guard and asked him to remove the assholes. They didnt even have armbands to be on the floor in the first place. By the time the assholes were removed it was the end of 10k days and I was so angry I couldnt think straight. These meatheads robbed me of more than half of the show I had so long awaited. 'You thieving bastards. You have turned my blood cold and bitter, beat my compassion black and blue'. These idiots had no sense of reason, no reverence for the experience we were allowed to be a part of, and absolutely no respect for personal space. I was cooled off some by the time Tool took the stage again and was able to really enjoy Lateralus. Its was amazing. The stage, the band, the lights,(the gong!). Everything I had done up until that point, all the planning, driving, even dealing with assholes, all of it was worth seeing that one song. Vicarious was great as well and Aenima was going good until the people rushed the stage. I can halfway understand running to the stage on the last song but I didnt really enjoy the chairs getting shoved into the back of my legs. The 2 and a half songs I got to enjoy were everything I had hoped for. Im just disappointed that these people would ruin the rest of a beautiful experience for me. Oh I forgot to mention the pedafile that walked up and rubbed my arm and tried to talk to me. This 50 something pedafile mustache wearing asshole asked who was playing tonight. He didnt even know who Tool was. I just shoved him into the isle and told him to stay away. I swear at any moment I knew someone was gonna walk up to me and tell me I had been Punk'd or something but they never showed. I guess it could have been that damn trickster god who planned this on me after he buried some dinosaur fossils. Idk, but I will stay as positive as I can and just remember that I will always have Lateralus.

Oh and if you assholes are out there... I hope you choke on this.