View Single Post
Old 06-04-2006, 01:42 PM   #5
(tdn $upporter) - S.O.B: Save Our Bluths

Bincount™: 33
Re: 2006/06/03 - Nuremberg, GER - Rock-im-Park

So this is how my FIRST TOOL SHOW EVER WENT DOWN...Maynard coming on stage, megaphone on a holster, mohawk in all its glory...."Hey germans!"

Set list as above...I was a little surprised they did not do an intro (i.e. Lost Keys) in the beginning...went right into ROSETTA STONED...which just blew my fucking socks off...For years I have been reading and hearing how tight this band is on stage, though actually experiencing these guys in person was something else really....

In terms of the new material played, it was fucking amazing (as mentioned by others ad nauseum). JAMBI was a personal highlight among the new songs they played, and the lighting and visuals complemented quite brilliantly. VICARIOUS really was taken to another level, esp with Maynard's vocals! As someone mentioned, they did a little segue before the song began...I thought it was going to be RIGHT IN TWO (which I am sure alot of people familiar with their recent set lists were expecting) when I saw Maynard towing with the keyboard...ah well, it was not meant to be.

I spent most of Korn's set gauging where I should position myself to get the best sound...and I decided that it would be at the back of the barrier (inside the barricade) and dead center..That was a good decision:-D. The sound was incredible, and really highlighted how tight a unit they are...

Song highlight for the evening: LATERALUS....by the climax at the end (and getting to see Danny smash the gong in the wink of an eye) with "Spiral out, keep going, spiral out" soaring into the cold night sky...I had goosebumps and felt my eyes starting to tear up.."Holy fucking shit" I thought...

I cannot belive I will be seeing them again in a few days...(tuesday 06.06.06 Hamburg!)

EDIT: At the end, when they all got together "pink floyd-style" to take a bow, it was awesome to see them givin each other 'hungry chicken'! And then before Maynard left the stage, he pointed to his non-existent watch and shrugged hehe funny bastard

Last edited by deep_schismic; 06-04-2006 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: extra info
OFFLINE |