View Single Post
gjamison27's Avatar gjamison27
09-04-2007, 08:16 AM

Lyrical examples are admittedly tough for me to come by in support of my statements. In part, due to much new light shed upon by your own views there Octopod. For that, I thank you. Herbert's art leaves much open to interpretation and double entendre. This, I believe, is the root of intrigue and the beauty of the art itself. Which brings me to the latest subject of discussion.

No arguments here and I dare say that no effort is being made to identify specific, particular, personal beliefs or belief systems of the creator. The more accurate aim of the discussion is more focused on the interpretation of the presented art. As I have previously stated, "I can't begin to allure to what James may or not believe, practice, or subscribe to. I do however, think its obvious that he holds a little grudge against the Judeo/Christian ideology of God." The latter portion of the statement referring only to the interpretation of his lyrics, and not his actual belief. I did however, not word it accordingly.

I do ponder though, how much of any artists work can be interpreted completely seperately from there own beliefs and belief systems. How many Christian artists dedicate the subject matter of their art to Allah, Buddah, or Atheism altogether? How many Arians create artwork in support if civil rights? Therefore, one must conclude that given the large amount of Judeo/Christian subject matter within James' art, he would certainly give it some significant level of validity in his own life.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:16 AM   #14
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0
Re: The religious ambiguity of the great Maynard

Lyrical examples are admittedly tough for me to come by in support of my statements. In part, due to much new light shed upon by your own views there Octopod. For that, I thank you. Herbert's art leaves much open to interpretation and double entendre. This, I believe, is the root of intrigue and the beauty of the art itself. Which brings me to the latest subject of discussion.

No arguments here and I dare say that no effort is being made to identify specific, particular, personal beliefs or belief systems of the creator. The more accurate aim of the discussion is more focused on the interpretation of the presented art. As I have previously stated, "I can't begin to allure to what James may or not believe, practice, or subscribe to. I do however, think its obvious that he holds a little grudge against the Judeo/Christian ideology of God." The latter portion of the statement referring only to the interpretation of his lyrics, and not his actual belief. I did however, not word it accordingly.

I do ponder though, how much of any artists work can be interpreted completely seperately from there own beliefs and belief systems. How many Christian artists dedicate the subject matter of their art to Allah, Buddah, or Atheism altogether? How many Arians create artwork in support if civil rights? Therefore, one must conclude that given the large amount of Judeo/Christian subject matter within James' art, he would certainly give it some significant level of validity in his own life.