Stinkfist (extended)
46 & 2
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings for Marie Pt. 1
10,000 Days
Lateralus (duet with Danny and drummer from Melt Bannana... impressive too!)
Vicarious

This is my third Tool show, and what an awesome one it was!

I don't think I've ever seen so many scalpers outside of the Bilo Center for ANY event! Getting in was interesting too. Who likes being treated like a potential criminal as they arrive at an entertainment facility?! I guess we have to pay for all the bad apples, oh well!

Melt Bannana was okay... not completely horrible, but not so great either. There was just too much noise to make out anything the little Japanese singer was actually singing! I love their enthusiasm though. They had a few good moments. Did I mention there was a lot of noise? Musical elements would have been nice... continuous reverb just gets annoying after a couple of VERY LOUD minutes. They were better than the last two opening acts I've encountered though. Plus Japanese people in general are just fun!!

The Greenville show was the best show I've seen the guys give to date! Sitting so close to the stage helps too. I was in section 103, third row. Perfect view of everything really... except I seemed to have the two tallest guys in the place right in front of me. And one jerk that only seemed to like older Tool material. He sulked the rest of the time. Anyway, it was nice to be close to the stage (about 10 rows back)... but not too close. I love watching them work. I could listen to a cd any time... but watching them live is just so much fun. Their talent is endless. Having stationary seating also helps as well... I absolutely hate general admission.

Anyway... the light show, especially during Wings for Marie/10,000 Days, was spectacular! Did anyone just get stuck watching the mirrorball at any point? I loved how the lasers hit it and just bounced sparkly light all over the place! They should've brought it down like they did for Relfection the last time they were at the Bilo Center for the Lateralus tour. The Bilo center has decent acoustics for the floor/lower bowl seating... so naturally the sound was amazing, and clear! My sister and her friends sat up in section 231... they said Maynard was mostly muffled and they got a TON of drummage sound. But in 103... everything was perfect. I couldn't have asked for much more other than for the 6.5 foot tall guys to get out of my way (dude, I'm more than a whole foot shorter... it's like looking at a wall, with hair!)

I liked the setlist! Even though there were a few songs played at other shows I would have loved to hear, I definitely like hearing the extended versions of Stinkfist, Schism and Lateralus. I love the jam session tangents they run with... it'd be nice to hear more of that on the actual albums, but that's just me being greedy!!! I didn't expect to hear Flood at all because I haven't seen it on any recent set lists. I didn't recognize it at first! I'm a horrible fan... I couldn't remember what I was hearing for the life of me! I've never heard Flood live before, so excuse me for my ignorance. :) The videos, as always, were very interesting. Between the guys performing, the light show, the three light fixtures "floating" over the stage and the videos... there's no possible way to get bored. I also have to agree with other's comments that Maynard seemed to be more "sociable". The last two times I saw him w/ Tool he was very reserved. This time he just seemed to be in a great performance groove. All four of them were, actually. Again, I just love watching them work!!

It was an awesome show and I'd love to go see them again very soon if only I could afford it! Thank you for a fantastic show!
Old 06-06-2007, 11:13 AM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/05 - Greenville, SC - Bi-Lo Center

June 5, 2007 - Greenville, SC - Bi-lo Center

setlist

Jambi
Stinkfist (extended)
46 & 2
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings for Marie Pt. 1
10,000 Days
Lateralus (duet with Danny and drummer from Melt Bannana... impressive too!)
Vicarious

This is my third Tool show, and what an awesome one it was!

I don't think I've ever seen so many scalpers outside of the Bilo Center for ANY event! Getting in was interesting too. Who likes being treated like a potential criminal as they arrive at an entertainment facility?! I guess we have to pay for all the bad apples, oh well!

Melt Bannana was okay... not completely horrible, but not so great either. There was just too much noise to make out anything the little Japanese singer was actually singing! I love their enthusiasm though. They had a few good moments. Did I mention there was a lot of noise? Musical elements would have been nice... continuous reverb just gets annoying after a couple of VERY LOUD minutes. They were better than the last two opening acts I've encountered though. Plus Japanese people in general are just fun!!

The Greenville show was the best show I've seen the guys give to date! Sitting so close to the stage helps too. I was in section 103, third row. Perfect view of everything really... except I seemed to have the two tallest guys in the place right in front of me. And one jerk that only seemed to like older Tool material. He sulked the rest of the time. Anyway, it was nice to be close to the stage (about 10 rows back)... but not too close. I love watching them work. I could listen to a cd any time... but watching them live is just so much fun. Their talent is endless. Having stationary seating also helps as well... I absolutely hate general admission.

Anyway... the light show, especially during Wings for Marie/10,000 Days, was spectacular! Did anyone just get stuck watching the mirrorball at any point? I loved how the lasers hit it and just bounced sparkly light all over the place! They should've brought it down like they did for Relfection the last time they were at the Bilo Center for the Lateralus tour. The Bilo center has decent acoustics for the floor/lower bowl seating... so naturally the sound was amazing, and clear! My sister and her friends sat up in section 231... they said Maynard was mostly muffled and they got a TON of drummage sound. But in 103... everything was perfect. I couldn't have asked for much more other than for the 6.5 foot tall guys to get out of my way (dude, I'm more than a whole foot shorter... it's like looking at a wall, with hair!)

I liked the setlist! Even though there were a few songs played at other shows I would have loved to hear, I definitely like hearing the extended versions of Stinkfist, Schism and Lateralus. I love the jam session tangents they run with... it'd be nice to hear more of that on the actual albums, but that's just me being greedy!!! I didn't expect to hear Flood at all because I haven't seen it on any recent set lists. I didn't recognize it at first! I'm a horrible fan... I couldn't remember what I was hearing for the life of me! I've never heard Flood live before, so excuse me for my ignorance. :) The videos, as always, were very interesting. Between the guys performing, the light show, the three light fixtures "floating" over the stage and the videos... there's no possible way to get bored. I also have to agree with other's comments that Maynard seemed to be more "sociable". The last two times I saw him w/ Tool he was very reserved. This time he just seemed to be in a great performance groove. All four of them were, actually. Again, I just love watching them work!!

It was an awesome show and I'd love to go see them again very soon if only I could afford it! Thank you for a fantastic show!
OFFLINE |