View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 03:12 PM   #71
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 177
Re: 2006/06/24 - Katowice, POL - Spodek Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzx
-- this is an English-spoken forum, that's why we should write in English. those who do not understand that fact are ignorant. i support Chuck_Of_Wah post.

-- so many posts about TOOL fans who did not know the lyrics - now excuse me but this is just bullshit. if you go to a TOOL concert (or any other concert) to make judgments about other people based on how well they know the lyrics, then you must be seriously fucked. and if you go to a TOOL concert (or any other concert) to show other people how much better fan you are because you know the lyrics and they don't, then you must be completely fucked. besides, i don't like when someone tries to imitate the singer and screams words into my ear.

-- did anyone notice poor quality of the ticket? printed on the paper, not the cardboard, as it's usually done for big concerts.. for this price of the ticket i should expect something nicer as a souvenir.. don't you think? and this ticket looks like it could be counterfeited..

I agree, it's pretty selfish to judge someone just because they don't know the lyrics. Tool always says to read the lyrics later on, to pay attention to the music. Well what if someone was new to TOOL? Let them enjoy the music, who cares if they don't know the lyrics.

Yeah, the ticket was poor quality, but I have a different problem with the ticket than you do:) If tickets are on thick rough paper that resembles cardboard, they usually have a hologram and just the concert information PRINTED on it, I saw a ticket of today's show, my friend had it, he's in Prague now probably after the show. anyway, the ticket had no graphics, Just info: TOOL - Prague CZ and some dates and seat and sector numbers.

What *I* didn't like was that they made the graphics of our Spodek ticket look like shit, because if you hold the licket so that the letters say "tool" right side up, the two blue eyes on the sides (from the lateralus artwork) are upside down. Obviously the thing was designed by someone who wasn't familiar with TOOL's album art. also, the font for "TOOL" was from the lateralus era and so was the background graphics BUT this is all understandable, because when the tickets went on sale, and when they were printed, the current artwork and fonts from 10 000 DAYS had not yet been revealed. No one knew what they were going to look like. So the thing for me is that not only is the ticket on cheap paper, but it also looks cheap, but that's MetalMind for ya ;)