View Single Post
lambandmartyr's Avatar lambandmartyr
06-01-2006, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimistic-pessimist
I'd bet on it.

We'll see...
gotta agree with opt-pess on this one. if memory serves, orange juice (or citric acid of any kind) has a calming effect (it interacts with the drug somehow...please feel free to comment on this assumption) on someone who's trippin heavy on LSD and fetal spooning would also serve to calm the afflicted.

i also hear Peanuts Parents (which could be a reference to the blah blah blah way in which all adults speak in Peanuts cartoons).

i find it strange that people find this song funny. i don't hear it that way, at all. my opinion on the song (for what it's worth) is somewhat split. what with the blotter and dead head references, it's clear the protagonist is trippin on LSD. but is this just a bad trip that ends up in the hospital? or has the protagonist truly had a close encounter of the third kind followed by a close encounter with gov't brain scrubbers who then left him at the hospital? perhaps, there wasn't any LSD involved at all because in LK(BH), the doctor looks at a chart that contains nothing out of the ordinary. don't you think LSD might show up on the chart???

i like to think he has had the latter experience and that he truly was given this information but it has been cleared (for the most part) from his consciousness. the memory is like a dream in that he remembers bits--not having a pen to write down this significant info is a metaphor for not having the memory of what he's been told. shitting the bed is in fact a true memory he retained from being strapped down in the bed and given god knows what kind of drugs/treatments/whatever. perhaps the memory of this humiliation is deep and doesn't scrub easily.

i'm sure this is all a ramble and will be struck down as such. but there's my 2 cents worth! bottom line, RS is one fucking great tool song. it's soooo very tool!

cheers!
Old 06-01-2006, 04:34 PM   #633
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Fetal Spooning

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimistic-pessimist
I'd bet on it.

We'll see...
gotta agree with opt-pess on this one. if memory serves, orange juice (or citric acid of any kind) has a calming effect (it interacts with the drug somehow...please feel free to comment on this assumption) on someone who's trippin heavy on LSD and fetal spooning would also serve to calm the afflicted.

i also hear Peanuts Parents (which could be a reference to the blah blah blah way in which all adults speak in Peanuts cartoons).

i find it strange that people find this song funny. i don't hear it that way, at all. my opinion on the song (for what it's worth) is somewhat split. what with the blotter and dead head references, it's clear the protagonist is trippin on LSD. but is this just a bad trip that ends up in the hospital? or has the protagonist truly had a close encounter of the third kind followed by a close encounter with gov't brain scrubbers who then left him at the hospital? perhaps, there wasn't any LSD involved at all because in LK(BH), the doctor looks at a chart that contains nothing out of the ordinary. don't you think LSD might show up on the chart???

i like to think he has had the latter experience and that he truly was given this information but it has been cleared (for the most part) from his consciousness. the memory is like a dream in that he remembers bits--not having a pen to write down this significant info is a metaphor for not having the memory of what he's been told. shitting the bed is in fact a true memory he retained from being strapped down in the bed and given god knows what kind of drugs/treatments/whatever. perhaps the memory of this humiliation is deep and doesn't scrub easily.

i'm sure this is all a ramble and will be struck down as such. but there's my 2 cents worth! bottom line, RS is one fucking great tool song. it's soooo very tool!

cheers!