View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 08:54 AM   #40
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/02 - Seattle, WA - Paramount Theatre

Maynard was mildly vocal, I've definitely been at shows where he talks a lot less. he spoke a little bit and went something like this.

"For all you people who bought tickets off ebay or scalpers, good luck paying your loans off, You should go out and buy the new album, its good, I already downloaded it. Tools are cocksuckers. This next song is called tools are cocksuckers" - then they went into schism.

between songs again he mentioned something about being in seattle. he said it was "ground zero" then paused "for microsoft and starbucks" and it got too loud from Boo's to hear him at that point. he also said something along the lines of it being intimidating to play in seattle for some reason. maybe first album show, first time playing rosetta, but we up here in seattle love music, so they must like to play up here and kick off a good tour where people appreciate their music and react to it, and aren't just at the show to get drunk and start fights.

To me it seemed like they were kind of nervous/stiff but I'm sure that they will all be on the same page once the fall tour comes around. I like to think that the band members appreciate the feedback they get from us up in seattle, as to what songs get the best reaction. It was a great show none-the-less, 90-100 min of a pure TOOL experience. I didn't mind that there was no opener, but it did make it seem like a short night. But when do they ever play for that long and not stop. That is not a usual setlist length and was awesome to be there and witness all those great songs played one after another. Time to wait and for them to come back around (full circle) and be back playing in the US for their big concert circuit. It is going to be great!
OFFLINE |