View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 11:05 AM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/02 - Seattle, WA - Paramount Theatre

WOW! THATs sums up alot of the show, This was my 5th TOOL show, and this band keeps getting better and better each time I see them. I was hoping for one of these three songs, Rosetta Stoned, 10k Days, or Right in Two. Right off the start I got my wish with Rosetta Stoned and being to say i witnessed that song for the first time live is an undescribable expression to me. Very kool to have the stage crew put a stool up for adam to sit down and just before he was about to go into his lil solo guitar part you could see the expression on his face like, ok here i go, i hope i dont screw this up too bad.........he didnt screw it up, it was done flawlessly...simply AWESOME..... TOOL has been my favorite band since I first witnessed Maynard come out and say, "This is not the church of Jesus, This is not the Church of Christ, THIS IS THE CHURCH OF JESUS F*CKIN CHRIST!"... And then witnessing the band in concert in 98' on the Aenima tour was something I will never forget back on August 23rd of 98.... The band has definatly changed since then, they have grown into evolution that i dont think ANY other band now these days will ever reproduce this kind of act, bottom line.

After Rosseta Stoned sent shivers up my spine and made my hair stand on end, I knew Stinkfist was next, And was EXPLOSIVE as hell, Durring the part "I'll...Keep...Diggin...."
Maynard was electrifying the building and the band was more in sink with each other then I can put into words right now...

46 & 2 ... was so awesome, back in the aenima tours this is when maynard would always strip down and reveal the Bra... Now those days have been past and are only in memories and bootlegs... I enjoyed this throughly, I hadnt heard it in quite some time but the drum solo is so incredible, before you can even take in and hear the beats danny is performing he has already hit three more other notes, simply un-human like.

The Pot and Jambi were very kool to hear live for the first time, I really wanted to hear more of the new stuff but i new they hadnt put much visuals together for it so that time was just goin to have to wait... (I must be PaTiEnT...hehe)...Anyways the visuals for Jambi were awesome as hell, the woman like figure with a symbol on her head was bad ass... Everyone has already mentioned the talkbox, so i wont go there....

Schism, The Patient, and Lateralus I have seen live before and schism was very kool with the video of course, they changed the visuals on The Patient and I think in a way have Mastered this song more then they did when it was recorded and played on last tours.... Very kool, I would love to get a copy of a bootleg of some sorts of this show like i obtained back in 98 when i got the aenima tour show i attended on VHS, if anyone was brave enough, please let me know, i am a die hard fan that would become a toolcocksucker for this album...

Maynard called the ebay buyers toolcocksuckers, then introduced jambi as "This song is called toolcocksuckers" It thought it fit PERFECT with all the ebay profit people had made off of TOOL....

I was first in line at a ticketmaster outlet the day they went on sale, and i didnt get SHIT!!!!! but luckily i have friends that were smart enough to have everyone they know on the computer at one time and luckily he was able to score tickets, i also have the nicest friends girlfriend for willing to give up her ticket to give me to cuz she knows what this band and these concerts mean to me, in a way, TOOL is my religon, they are what drives to get out of bed in the morning, to get on the internet and find out the latest setlist, shit like that, no band will ever replace this love, desire, fuckin passion...

Lateralus was also a song that i thought they had mastered since the last tour, very very kool visuals that were redone, once the flaming eye was put on the screen before the start of the guitar part i knew what was about to bless my ears... Someone said it earlier, when danny Hit that big GONG type whatever the hell it is behind him, it shook the paramount, and sent my heart racing like no drug on the streets can produce for me... SPIRAL OUT!

Vicarious was very very kool, definatly one of the favorites for me on the ending part of the show, when he sang that last part ("Vicariously I live while the whole world dies").... It reminded me of when he says "I must persuade you another waaayyyy!"... in pushit, i mean it was a part that you just want to listen to over and over and you know NOTHING will ever make you sick of it....This song really made me truely realize how hard there new stuff is to play, they have brought themselves with this music to a new level that is so incredible and they continue to push and push themselves to be better and thats what this song is about for me, you could tell in some of the parts danny isnt doin his normal thing, and when that song was over you could feel a sigh of relief from danny, justin, and adam, like dam that shit is hard to play, and you thought for sure they were goin to take a breath for a sec, but maynard could tell what was goin on so he immediatly busted into "hey hey hey hey"

Aenima was very kool, I was trying to hard to listen to the changed lyrices of the fuk L Ron Hubbard part but i was too wrapped up in the moment, this by far for me was THE FUCKIN best TOOL show i had ever witnessed, they just keep getting better and better pushing themselves with the art of music, becoming one, Until next time, good luck in europe and see you really really soon!

Jason
West Seattle
OFFLINE |