View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 07:26 AM   #26
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 3
Re: 2006/05/02 - Seattle, WA - Paramount Theatre

That show was insane. LK/Rosetta Stoned may not be the perfect song to open a set with, but the fact that I recognized it immediately while realizing that it was the first time ever that song was being performed in concert, made it memorable as hell! Absolutely incredible! The acoustics in the Paramount are fantastic. I cannot remember a concert yet where the double bass just felt like it was repeatedly kicking me in the gut. And that gong hit must've registered as a small quake somewhere in a nearby geology lab. Setlist was all I could've asked for. Sure, I would love to hear anything off of Opiate, or The Grudge, but with a show this incredible, there is no way I could be anything but completely satisfied.

Maynard mentioned that the new album had come out today (day of concert) and that everyone who hadn't gotten their tickets off of ebay or scalpers should buy it because he thought it was a pretty good album. And as mentioned above, he said he had downloaded it. Maynard is clearly aware of both the leak and the exorbitant prices for scalped tickets. After seeing what some people paid I feel very fortunate to have gotten mine directly from Ticketmaster (never thought I'd say that). I would easily have paid the scalpers demands though as the show was well worth it.
OFFLINE |