View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 12:06 AM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/02 - Seattle, WA - Paramount Theatre

The whole thing blew my face off. I'm deaf right now.
Performance was damn near perfect. Adam messed up at the very beginning of the set on the first riff... I thought it was funny. It in no way detracted from the show. I think small things like that add character. And Justin is the man. He may well be the best bass player in modern rock, and I mean that. He actually plays those guitar sounding solo/lead parts during Vicarious!!! That blew my mind. He did it during another song too, damned if I remember which one. Danny is, of course, untouchable, and Maynard was as amusing and frightening as I could have hoped.
A highlight for me was when someone came stumbling up the aisle, had a seizure, and fell on my friend during Jambi. A ton of people came over to pick him up, and my friend and I were trying to get him to move too. Poor guy.
I don't have any complaints, but I'd like to add that I saw a couple of women with a camera meandering through the theater throughout the show. The had the all access badges, so that should be interesting. I also think I saw a guy with a camera run out onstage at the end of the show too, crouching on Maynard's stand filming the crowd.
I was 4 rows behind the soundboard, and on either side of it were condensor mics, which is something a lot of bands will do to mic up the crowd when filming live.

What I'm getting at is I think they filmed this here thing. That'd be cool. Hopefully they film all of the mini-tour shows and throw something at us DVD-wise soon!

So, to sum up:
SUPER loud (Band AND crowd!)
Amazing performances (Justin deserves special recognition! Incredible!)
Guy with Epilepsy
Ladies with Camera
Yeehaw.

BADASS. My first Tool experience will stick with me forever.
I am changed.
G'nighty whiteys.
OFFLINE |