View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 11:07 PM   #12
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/02 - Seattle, WA - Paramount Theatre

I liked the fact that no one opened for them. This Paramount is such a small theatre, it made the show that much more intimate. The setlist was amazing. Highlights were Rosetta Stoned, Jambi, Forty Six and 2, The Pot, The Patient, Lateralus, Vicarious. The only member that seemed rusty was Adam. Maynard nailed every note, including the intro of Rosetta Stoned (where you can't really hear what he's saying but you know he's telling some kind of fucked up story). Danny was flawless, especially on 46 and 2 with the solo...the bass drums shook the theatre. Justin's bass sounded perfect. The video images for the new songs were very intense, especially during Jambi. The Lateralus video seemed a bit re-done.

Very surprised with how upfront Maynard was. At one point, during Rosetta Stoned, he actually went out to the very front of the stage and the crowd gathered around him and tried to grab at him. Very un-Maynard like behavior, but I like it. I was expecting the band to perform most of their new album, but I'm kind of glad they treated us with a few old gems instead. Another thing I liked was the pace of the show. It never slowed down once. I hope we get The Grudge the next time they come around. Please?