View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 10:52 PM   #9
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 362
Re: 2006/05/02 - Seattle, WA - Paramount Theatre

Amazing show. This was my eighth Tool show and it was par for the course: Incredible Sound was awesome! I cannot wait for them to come back.

Highlights:
The Pot kills live!
Vicarious kills live!
Jambi kills live!
Rosetta Stoned (second half) kills live!
Justin's bass work at the end of Aenima!
Being able to watch Danny work the fuck out of his drums from above (mezzanine seat)!
Maynard’s spot on vocals!
Adam's huge riffige!

Complaints:
Way too short. No encore?
Set list seemed scattered. Or clumped. Or something (but I know this will need some time to work itself out).
Less Spiral Eyes' films in the background (but the new stuff is cool)
No blue Maynard (I miss you man)

I think the new stuff sounds great. Rosetta Stoned was much like it is on the album for me: first half leaves me a bit over stimulated and confused but then the second half just tears it up. I don't think however that it is a good song to open the show with. But that is just me. I just listened to the album for the first time last night at midnight, so all the new songs are really new to me. I love the new album and as I mentioned, the stuff live is fucking amazing. I think people who are disappointed with the new record will see it differently after the live experience.